IGNORED

SpartaDOS X 'distros'

morelenmir

Right you are Avery! I think it only works when Altirra is running in atari 800 mode though. A bit of further reading suggests the physical axlon could only be installed into an a800 - so I wonder if at some point in a future test version it might not be a bad idea to grey out the Axlon option unless 800 hardware is chosen?

Next question (Altirra specific) - 'MapRAM', any takers??? Roll up, roll up - in for a penny, in for a pound and so on!!!

Pretty sure Altirra already has the MapRAM option - maybe it was in a beta release.

Yeah, you are quite right - it does Stephen. I was a little bit puzzled what it was for though. I find all these small features absolutely fascinating and like getting them to work - even if I don't really have a specific use for them!

That is most interesting drac03 - oddly if I set Altirra up as a 65xe I cannot get SpartaDOS it to load the Axlon ramdisk. Is there a driver required for doing that?

No drivers, it should work by itself. SDX only tests for Axlon, when no PORTB extension is detected. Besides, I can't really help, I use emulators only occasionally, so I don't even know how that Axlon thing is implemented in Altirra. Just saying that's perfectly possible on XL/XE.

Hi fellers, I drive mostly an 800 and 130XE. I've got to say that aside from my speech synthesizer (because I designed myself back in the day), the SpartaDOSX on SIDE or SIDE2 impresses me most out of anything I've seen! Now thanks to this thread I'm motivated to try again to get into this stuff. I programmed my speech synthesizer using TurboBasic and my original XF551 but having something like SIDE would really give me a boost in making new projects, as I prefer working without a giant PC to get in the way or complicate things even though some pretend that makes it easier.

--- So anyway I want to get the hardware but can't afford 60+ USD so I need to know is there less expensive ways to get hardware going? Thanks