IGNORED

Some Questions You'd Love To Answer About R10s.

ATARIQuest

Hello Atariage,

So here's the deal, I want to gage opinions on the matter of Rarity 10 (or Unbelieveably Rare) 2600 titles.

1. First of all, how many copies do YOU think exist of the following games, and how much would you value them at both cart only and CIB.

Air Raid

Birthday Mania

Gamma Attack

Pepsi Invaders (Coke Wins)

Video Life

Magicard

Xante Carts (how many all in all do you think there are?)

Music Machine

Eli's Ladder

Gauntlet

Karate (Ultravision)

Atlantis II

Mangia

Copy Cart

ECPC Cartridge

2. Lets talk specifically about Music Machine. Is it just me, or does it seem a lot more common then say ANY of the other games listed? There was one on eBay recently and the seller was asking for $750 bid or $850 BIN, I see MM on eBay often enough that it seems more of a $300 game and not a $500+ game. So I guess my main question here is a game like Music Machine being an R10 and making regular appearances, should it be an R9? Just want a second opinion.

3. Does anyone have a rarity opinion on Beagle Brothers carts? I won the Armor Ambush by the Beagle Brothers in an eBay auction in 2004. How can I determine its absolute authenticity?

Thank you all for your help!

And thanks for having me on your awesome community!

-Cody

Please browse the Rarity Guide topics on this forum first.

A lot of your questions are already answered there.

8)

Yes, no discussion allowed on the discussion board. :P At least he/she didn't join primarily to sell stuff (so far)

As to the OP,

1) It's unlikely you'll get a definitive answer as to how many of those carts were made.

2) Games are worth what someone is willing to pay. None of those games IMO are worth more than $20-$30 bucks because they're shit to play, but that's just me. YMMV.

3) Beagle carts are just pirate carts aren't they? I'd consider their rarity somewhere along the lines of a Hozer cart or any of the other fakes going around on Ebay these days.

• Like 2

Thank you ROM hunter I've started reading more forums. As for the last comment I paid for the membership is that close enough ;-).

And no IM not using these awesome forums to sell my crap. if I had a 10 , I'd lock that baby in a safe (that I would imagine myself having...Hmm) lol thanks for the responses everyone!

I've got one of a kind 2600 games and

if I had a 10 , I'd lock that baby in a safe (that I would imagine myself having...Hmm) lol thanks for the responses everyone!

Heck I've got one of a kind 2600 prototypes and they are just sitting on the shelf with my other games, waiting to be played.

1. First of all, how many copies do YOU think exist of the following games, and how much would you value them at both cart only and CIB.

[...]

Magicard

[...]

The January 1983 issue of Electronic Fun with Computers & Games ran an article about "future collectibles". This included some data about Magicard. Reportedly there were only 500 copies in existence, and production had been discontinued by the time the article was written. The original MSRP was $59.95.

By way of comparision, a custom, monogrammed version of Space Chase was $89.

The January 1983 issue of Electronic Fun with Computers & Games ran an article about "future collectibles". This included some data about Magicard. Reportedly there were only 500 copies in existence, and production had been discontinued by the time the article was written. The original MSRP was $59.95.

By way of comparision, a custom, monogrammed version of Space Chase was $89.

Wow fascinating. I had thought the 500 copies referred to Video Life, but now that I know that was the Magicard count, there must be very very few Video Lifes. My question is does anyone know how Video Life was offered to Magicard owners exactly? For how much?

Monogrammed Space Chase, I've heard of that one, I wasn't positive of it's existence. Is there any info on that one?