IGNORED

Kung Fu Master for Colecovision SGM

tomjscott

Ah good , there it is already done. Looks pretty good. So then Gladiator is the next best idea right. :) . It even uses a z80 cpu. Probably impossible. But one of those games that I always enjoyed in the arcade when I visited Hampton beach.

gladiator

Edited by digress

when i said already done, i was joking... it exists on MSX.

And as it seems with the Super Game Module we will be flooded with MSX port... :( it is like it is already done...

That's not a bad port at all, but the enemies look all wrong. If someone decides to port this to the SGM, I hope they make some improvements. I think it could definitely be better.

Smooth scrolling, of course... :)

Hmmm... Then looking at your mockup, those red-and-white windows are going to give you problems with the blue walls and yellow beams. Too many colors too close to each other. The SGM can't help you with that. ;)

EDIT: Same goes for the symbol on the red pilar. Even if you display the black symbol using a sprite, you still have white, red and blue pixels too close to each other on the same scanlines.

Hmmm... Then looking at your mockup, those red-and-white windows are going to give you problems with the blue walls and yellow beams. Too many colors too close to each other. The SGM can't help you with that. ;)

EDIT: Same goes for the symbol on the red pilar. Even if you display the black symbol using a sprite, you still have white, red and blue pixels too close to each other on the same scanlines.

I'm no Colecovision expert, but I took the mockup image and converted it to C code using BMP2PP.exe and PP2C.exe and then ran it in blueMSX. Aside from a tiny glitch in the symbol on the pillar, the rest looks pretty much spot on.

post-24151-0-47390200-1364505541_thumb.jpg

You have also the guys that cause problems... This screenshot is pure "vaporware" mockup in the vain of what coleco did... :)

Even without scroll at all , i think it would be hard to do it as the screenshot .(the guys need to be animated...)

Edited by youki

You have also the guys that cause problems... This screenshot is pure "vaporware" mockup in the vain of what coleco did... :)

Even without scroll at all , i think it would be hard to do it as the screenshot .(the guys need to be animated...)

You challenging me? ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Sorry to bump a 5 year old thread, but was it eventually determined that it was impossible to do the game in the style (arcade version) of the screenshot? I see that Collectorvision released a port of the MSX version in 2016. But, does Opcode still have plans for an Arcade version, or was that scrapped all together?

Never played Kung Fu Master, But I did play International Karate on the C64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd7NO-bAUmY

International Karate was basically a knock-off of Karate Champ (and a good one at that.)

On a side note, being driven around by Archer MacLean at insane speeds around the British countryside in his super cars was one of the most terrifying and thrilling moments of my life! lol

• Like 1