IGNORED

YARS Revenge Arcade Machine

YANDMAN

Hi Guys

This is something i had thought about for a while and over a three day period of the Christmas holiday i built this, This is my interpretation of a Yars Revenge arcade machine, It runs a vector based remake of the game as i wanted to make it as though it were made in 81' but also runspost-33164-0-55833500-1364468910_thumb.jpgpost-33164-0-48194400-1364468923_thumb.jpgpost-33164-0-65546700-1364468932_thumb.jpgpost-33164-0-40210100-1364468996_thumb.jpgpost-33164-0-89206200-1364469000_thumb.jpgpost-33164-0-11530600-1364469005_thumb.jpgpost-33164-0-87139600-1364469010_thumb.jpgpost-33164-0-32977600-1364469016_thumb.jpg the 2600 original and i just thought id share some pictures as some of you might appreciate this.

Thanks

Yan

• Like 13

The best part about it is the control panel. Aside from that, the marquee is ugly, the monitor glass is huge compared to the video screen and the side art is too small. Overall it's just downright ugly. It looks like you built it from scratch, which is a good thing in that no arcade cabinets were hurt for this project.

Just being honest, but if you like it that's what really matters.

• Like 1

Interesting, but back in the day, I think Atari could have made a better-looking arcade cabinet for the game if they so desired.

Not bad, a little too white, and just something about the title's typeface... I like it, but it's hard to read, maybe?

The best part about it is the control panel. Aside from that, the marquee is ugly, the monitor glass is huge compared to the video screen and the side art is too small. Overall it's just downright ugly. It looks like you built it from scratch, which is a good thing in that no arcade cabinets were hurt for this project.

Just being honest, but if you like it that's what really matters.

You guys are being a little harsh. For a fan made arcade cabinet with as far as I can tell no major recycled cabinet parts this is pretty freakin sweet. I work in a machine shop and have tried doing similar things (got to the early stages of a Thrust+ arcade cocktail) and I can tell you, it's not as easy as it looks ;)

I think it's mainly just the font used on the marquee that is distracting, overall I have to say this is a pretty damn good job.

• Like 12

I agree that people are way too harsh. I think it's cool! I agree the sign is too hard to read, but overall it's great. I'd hate to think what an ugly piece of junk I would build, if I tried.

I, too, wonder what hardware it's running on, and where the game came from?

But thanks for sharing all the pictures!

edit: Cafeman answered as I was posting.

Edited by wood_jl
  • Like 1

Yeah, geez; if he said he was going into commercial production, I might suggest some aesthetic changes, but for a home project I think it is pretty damn cool and I would not kick it out of my arcade. Someone HAS made a Yar's Revenge cabinet before, but they had lots of resources to make it come out real nice, with This Old Game creating all the art pieces.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/202198-2012-portland-retro-gaming-expo-who-will-be-there/page__st__175?do=findComment&comment=2617236