IGNORED

KillBotz! - Homebrew

GroovyBee

With Rocketeer in the closing stages its time to announce the next game for Inty. Its called KillBotz! :-

post-21935-0-16759700-1364479880_thumb.png

The objective of the game is simple.... Kill Botz! :lol:. It early days for the game yet but I'll be adding :-

- More moving Botz on screen.

- Different Botz styles.

- Hapless scientists (aren't they always) that need rescuing.

- Big bad security bot.

- Doors that need to be opened.

- Speech (mandatory for a Botz game on Inty).

- Other obstacles e.g. laser walls, proximity weapons and so on.

I'm still deciding if its going to be map based so the rooms are the same every time or pseudo random rooms that are different every time you play. The room generation style will affect what traps and pitfalls are in the game.

Nonner242 is on board for graphics again. The player avatar is the Inty running man but he is just a place holder for now.

I'm not doing any more to the game until Rocketeer is complete so the pre-order for this game will start in mid April and finish at the end of May or early June if all goes to plan.

At the moment nobody fires and the Botz just home in on you. When there is more to the game I'll add a gifeo.

There are no plans for a box, overlays or manual at this time.

24/04/13 :-

post-21935-0-43373900-1366800947_thumb.gif <---- Click to animate

• Like 13

With Rocketeer in the closing stages its time to announce the next game for Inty. Its called KillBotz! :-

post-21935-0-16759700-1364479880_thumb.png

The objective of the game is simple.... Kill Botz! :lol:. It early days for the game yet but I'll be adding :-

- More moving Botz on screen.

- Different Botz styles.

- Hapless scientists (aren't they always) that need rescuing.

- Big bad security bot.

- Doors that need to be opened.

- Speech (mandatory for a Botz game on Inty).

- Other obstacles e.g. laser walls, proximity weapons and so on.

I'm still deciding if its going to be map based so the rooms are the same every time or pseudo random rooms that are different every time you play. The room generation style will affect what traps and pitfalls are in the game.

Nonner242 is on board for graphics again. The player avatar is the Inty running man but he is just a place holder for now.

I'm not doing any more to the game until Rocketeer is complete so the pre-order for this game will start in mid April and finish at the end of May or early June if all goes to plan.

At the moment nobody fires and the Botz just home in on you. When there is more to the game I'll add a gifeo.

There are no plans for a box, overlays or manual at this time.

So.... Robotron? Cool!

The screenshot seems more like Berzerk to me, minus the maze walls of course.

It kinda looks like that at the moment. Until I decide how the game world is done (e.g. a level map or pseudo random) then there won't be much going on besides Botz and the player moving around and firing at each other.

Sounds awesome! Do your games use the ECS extra audio channels, or is that something all homebrews do?

I just bought one so I could hear the full audio on Space Patrol, it would be even cooler if it was something all new games took advantage of.

Edited by Certifiable