IGNORED

SIO2SD questions and comparison with SIDE2

mamejay

• 3 weeks later...

Got the SIDE2 last Friday and started playing around with it. What a polished piece of hardware. So easy to use. Just dumped my XEX archive onto the CF card and aware I went.

Now I am looking at the Ultimate1MB upgrade. So from DOS can you access the CF card FAT32 partitions to mount the ATR images? Try to find an exact process to see if it is work getting one.

Got the SIDE2 last Friday and started playing around with it. What a polished piece of hardware. So easy to use. Just dumped my XEX archive onto the CF card and aware I went.

Now I am looking at the Ultimate1MB upgrade. So from DOS can you access the CF card FAT32 partitions to mount the ATR images? Try to find an exact process to see if it is work getting one.

Good question, I would like to know more about this also.

Having SIO2SD, SIO2USB, Sdrive, IDE+ 2.0, MyIDE I can say that the SIDE/Ultimate1MB (or Incognito) is pretty much well, the nearly unbeatable Ultimate solution at this point. :)

So from DOS can you access the CF card FAT32 partitions to mount the ATR images? Try to find an exact process to see if it is work getting one.

Currently with the U1MB/SIDE to mount ATRs it looks like you configure the U1MB for SpartaDOS On, SIDE enabled w/button, and then let the machine boot into SpartaDOS. Then hold Help and hit Reset to re-enter the U1MB setup, then hit L. At that point you can tag ATRs with the space bar, and hit enter to boot.

This of course is dependent on your U1MB having the v2 firmware on it, as it's required to provide the PBI code needed.

Having SIO2SD, SIO2USB, Sdrive, IDE+ 2.0, MyIDE I can say that the SIDE/Ultimate1MB (or Incognito) is pretty much well, the nearly unbeatable Ultimate solution at this point. :)

Currently with the U1MB/SIDE to mount ATRs it looks like you configure the U1MB for SpartaDOS On, SIDE enabled w/button, and then let the machine boot into SpartaDOS. Then hold Help and hit Reset to re-enter the U1MB setup, then hit L. At that point you can tag ATRs with the space bar, and hit enter to boot.

This of course is dependent on your U1MB having the v2 firmware on it, as it's required to provide the PBI code needed.

I did all that up to where I would press 'L', but it had no effect. I have some XEXs on the card, but no ATRs. The SIDE 2 loader works with the switch up if I have U1MB SDX off so I know the fat32 portion is there.

even in V2 firmware loader was added pretty late

i don't know if Lotharek's version has it, or if it should be flashed anyways

currently, most of the time i'm working on my cad/cam station, so i can't check what is or what isn't there, but once i get back to code development, i'll prepare what is needed in most convinient way to the end user

this is simply too much for one person to handle and maintain, especially when that person have new projects emerging, or in various stage of development

for example, i would finnish hearlight game, push tittus the fox forward, or get copy and paste function done for simplestero's hardsynth tracker

i don't know when i'll get everything done

currently i'm a bit pushed off and overwhelmed with all this, and lack of feedback is not helping me stay motivated and focused either

i'm even not responding to PM right now as some of you might have noticed

this is only a hobby after all, and we all have jobs with time table to follow and familly to care for and spend the time with

Sebastian

Well for what it's worth I've updated my two original candle U1MB via JTAG with the .jed file at Lotharek's site http://lotharek.pl/product.php?pid=67 and then flashed it with the Ultimate2.atr from the same page. :)

Ah ok, I assumed since I bought it from Lotharek's batch that it would have the loader version installed. Looks like I need to load in the.jed file from jtag.

OK... I'm back online now. So where's this v2 ROM with integral XEX loader?

I'd like to know where too. I used http://sdx.atari8.info/index.php?show=download&file=sdx_files/4.46/SDX446_images.zip and extracted the SDX446_ultimate.rom to flash my device. Apparently didn't get the right file since I don't have the xex loader option.

OK... I'm back online now. So where's this v2 ROM with integral XEX loader?

Yes this rom has the integral XEX loader and is part of the PBI bios, SO when I replaced it with your PBI 34 I lost the Side loader from bios.

Could or would you be able to add the XEX loader from v2 to your PBI 34.

TIA

Sorry I misspoke... My bad..

Edited by rdea6

http://lotharek.pl/c...i/Ultimate2.atr

Take this file and use this windows program to open the ultimate2.atr and use the extract option after highlighting the rom file to extract.

MakeAtr by soudi at http://serious-dial.atari.pl/makeATR/

Bottom of page [14.01.2004 wersja 0.06] click on this and download. this is a stand alone program and doesn't need to be put into the Program Files directory.

Make a link to it if you want it on the desktop..

post-10165-0-88464200-1368638707_thumb.png

Edited by rdea6

http://lotharek.pl/c...i/Ultimate2.atr

Take this file and use this windows program to open the ultimate2.atr and use the extract option after highlighting the rom file to extract.

MakeAtr by soudi at http://serious-dial.atari.pl/makeATR/

Bottom of page [14.01.2004 wersja 0.06] click on this and download. this is a stand alone program and doesn't need to be put into the Program Files directory.

Make a link to it if you want it on the desktop..

post-10165-0-88464200-1368638707_thumb.png

Thank you! I extracted the rom and programmed the chip with it. And now the xex loader works from within u1mb!