IGNORED

SIO2SD questions and comparison with SIDE2

mamejay

I see at the wiki that you can change the SIO2SD ID from the config settings.

I am not sure how to get to the config mode. The wiki says power up with K4 pressed or hold SHIFT down for 5 seconds.

Neither of those seem to work for me using this SIO2SD from Lotharek.

Can anyone tell me how to enter the config?

I read the thread...but what did you want me to see? I didn't see anything about entering config mode. But anyway I emailed Lotharek so he should be able to tell me. Thanks to everyone for the help.

*edit* sorry if that sounded a little rude, I didn't mean anything by it. I really do appreciate everyone's help.

Edited by TheNameOfTheGame

SIO2SD also has a menu to select on (Atari screen) the atrs wanted and which drive# to put the atr on this program is called SIO2SD.XEX found on the wiki page along with instructions. I just wanted you to see the menu screen for the SIO2SD..

I had another question. I can't remember the answer since I haven't worked on Atari 8-bit since 1985 haha. Seriously I haven't.

Is the disk in Drive 1 supposed to auto boot or do I need to issue a dos command?

I put a game disk in the XF551 Drive 1 but when I turned on the machine it didn't load the game. In fact the drive didn't spin up or anything.

I have U1MB, SIDE 2, and SIO2SD installed if that would make some difference. Thanks.

Do you have D1: disabled on the SIO2SD? If not, that could be the problem.

Yes I just checked it and D1 is set to "off" not "empty"

*Edit* I removed the SIDE 2 cart and now the drive tries to load the disk from the XF551. If I plug in the SIDE 2 cart, the drive doesn't try to boot.