IGNORED

Armor Attack 7800

PacManPlus

Bug discovered....

First things first though ;) .

How I discovered the bug:

I was taking some captures...

As good as it gets outside of the "real thing":

post-18-0-84634700-1365808920_thumb.pngpost-18-0-98319700-1365808926_thumb.pngpost-18-0-21186600-1365808934_thumb.png

post-18-0-21718700-1365808941_thumb.pngpost-18-0-90159500-1365808967_thumb.pngpost-18-0-24333500-1365808974_thumb.png

In a 2 player game, if Player 1 dies first and still has lives left, but Player 2 dies after and has no lives left, the game just continues with no players on the field.

The level should reset with the 'Game Over' for Player 2, and Player 1 is back in action.

Notice the sixth capture above and the aforementioned scenario played out with this capture as the end result:

post-18-0-37371400-1365809128_thumb.png

Thanks, guys :)

Hmmm.... Maybe I should offer some kind of incentive for figuring out what the Morse Code says... ;)

How about a free cart to whoever posts the correct answer first? :D

Please post complete answers here (no PM) so we all know who actually guessed it.

• Like 1

Thanks, guys :)

Hmmm.... Maybe I should offer some kind of incentive for figuring out what the Morse Code says... ;)

How about a free cart to whoever posts the correct answer first? :D

Please post complete answers here (no PM) so we all know who actually guessed it.

That's a great incentive! I don't know morse though... Learn morse code for a cart? Why not try?

Something I noticed while playing it tonight . I was using a cx 34 auto fire controller and I couldnt turn the tank to the right . I played another game and reset it and it had the same issue . Turned the game off and tried a cx 24 and it worked fine . So I plugged the cx 34 back in and it worked fine . I was playing the version before this newest one . I havent read through the whole thread through so I dont know if someone has encountered this intermitent problem . Sorry if it has been brought up already .

Something I noticed while playing it tonight . I was using a cx 34 auto fire controller and I couldnt turn the tank to the right . I played another game and reset it and it had the same issue . Turned the game off and tried a cx 24 and it worked fine . So I plugged the cx 34 back in and it worked fine . I was playing the version before this newest one . I havent read through the whole thread through so I dont know if someone has encountered this intermitent problem . Sorry if it has been brought up already .

I'd just make sure I had a version of the game that was posted on April 10th or later. I was having an issue where the game would suddenly think I was using a 1 button controller even though I had a two button controller and powering down the 7800 and restarting was the only fix. It got better with that version but it still isn't perfect. I suspect this may be a variation of the same issue since It had something to do with me holding down the thrust button when the game ended or hitting the thrust button a bunch of times in the menu.

Hi Guys:

I'm going to look at the controller routine tonight, but it sucks that I can't get either issue to happen to me :(

KevinMos3 - don't worry, I still have your cart - I won't send it out until I'm sure of what is going on.

Does *anyone* else have these issues? Any detail would help to try and recreate them.

Thanks,

Bob

Wish I had either a CC2 or the H2 was released to help test this Bob. However, the problem is likely tied to rapid firing/button presses.

From HammR25 the problem happened from either holding down the fire button or hitting the button rapidly.

The CX34 is a controller that AtariBrian is using which features an autofire feature that could also create the same condition of a person either holding down or pressing a button rapidly.

HammR25...Curious if your 7800 compatible controller also experiencing an occasional issue is a modified NES Advantage or some other controller that features a possible "turbo" or "auto-fire" feature/mode.

I'm just trying to cover all bases here. The problem may be exclusive to controllers with a auto-fire or 'turbo/rapid' feature/mode. Bob does not have such a controller, so it would be real difficult (impossible) for him to recreate the problem.