IGNORED

How much for a complete Intellivision collection (games only) ?

scalpel

Hi,

I just want to know how much someone could have to pay for a complete Inty collection (125 games without and with variations) ?

Don't worry, I DON'T want to sell my Inty collection (and I don't have a complete collection ^^) because I love it toooooooo much :)

Have a nice week-end

Scalpel

I haven't sat down to calculate it out, but off the top of my head, 10-12,000

:-o :-o :-o

Wow. I was thinking about half of it, 5-6,000. Or even a little less.

I guess I'll take a looooong time to get it.

The good think is the fact I will, someday and hopefully, get all the 125.

Another related question is how much would cost all the sold out homebrews?

-- EDIT--

I think we're talking about CIB...

The top ten rares for the system will run you close to $4000

Spiker : $1500

LF 1: $400

LF2: $400

Congo Bongo: $350

SMB: $350

Tutankham: $200

Super Cobra: $150

Triple Challenge: $150

Melody Blaster $150

Jetsons : $150

You still have games like Fathom, WSMLB, Dig Dug etc... that will all cost more than $100 each.

Add in your hardware, Intv, System Changer, ECS, Keyboard etc... And it goes up pretty fast.

You took very high prices for Spiker and also Super Cobra is often much cheaper (I got mine just two weeks ago for 90$) and you should keep in mind that you get many titles nearly for free, you often get 10 or 20 games for 30-40 Dollar, the common stuff like Star Strike, Astrosmash and so on.

Of course the top games make it look very expensive, but its really not more then 6000€ and that is for CiB in good condition. Lose you can afford a complete collection for around 2000€.

In fact there is a Spiker on Ebay for 1600 and noone cares ;) Maybe a great shaped is that worth, but if you accept just a good condition you'll get it much cheaper. And dont take the two Learning Fun peaks as a benchmark, that isnt a way to determine prices. There was a Congo Bongo for 500 on Ebay, but there are plenty more ended at 300-350. If you take the most expensive auctions to determine the worth of a complete collection you surely get over 10.000, but thats not the real worth of the collection. Of course you need some patience.

Just my 50 Cents, but also if we take 1600 for Spiker and 500 for each Learning Fun you can get a complete collection with around 6000 Dollar or Euro (Euro is much more worth, but as a european collector you have to pay a lot more shipping costs).

Edit: By the way: If we say the worth of Learning Fun is 500, which is more than the double of what you had to pay just some years ago, we dont have to wonder about the crazy Ebay market. It didnt become any rarer the last years, just the bidders seem to become richer (oder more stupid, its just a point of view)

Edited by Ignorama

There are a lot more collectors at the moment, and all are running after the same games.

That's what is driving the price down.

The prices will come back down again, once the frenzy dies down.

Patience can save you money for sure, but if you don't want to wait, you pay a premium.

I think that's a good system.

Just as a point of reference for the way prices move in cycles, the highest price paid for LF2 is $1200 I believe, and that was a number if years ago. I think most of ghsqb's numbers are pretty close for near mint CIB's. If that Spiker box was in good shape he'd get he $1600 asking price.

Just my 2 cents, but I think the recession limited the pool of people able to pay higher prices for a while, but things are getting much better for many people, so prices seem to be climbing back up. eBay and the internet in general including sites like IntellivisionRevolution and IntellivisionAge are also constantly increasing exposure of our hobby as more and more people can readily find Intellivision info with a simple Google search. Increased demand = increased prices.

For reference, I looked up recent auctions for LF1 and LF2 (within the last 2 years) and found a LF2 that sold for $177.50 (that included a set Orphan Overlays!) and a LF1 that sold for $160 (that also included a set of Orphan Overlays). Later another LF1 sold (with a less than stellar box with tape on it) for around $185. Personally, considering the range of possible conditions and current demand, I'd say that $250-500 each is a fair range for the CIB LFs. As for CIB Spiker, the cheapest one I have seen sell at auction was around $715, and that one was not mint and the eBay seller had a feedback score of zero, IIRC. Most in the last 2 years have sold in the $1200-1600 range.

As for a total collection, I did a quick calculation using very conservative, but realistic estimates of the top 35 regular releases and it exceeded $5100. This didn't include variants, homebrews, shipping, or hardware of any kind....just CIB games in average condition. A typical array of hardware (boxed Intellivision I, II, III, Super Pro System, Tandyvision, System Changer, ECS, Synth...all boxed) would easily add another $500-600. So on a patient budget going for all CIB in average (not terrible or mint) condition and buying mostly on eBay, I'd be impressed if someone could build a collection for less than $6000. Exceeding $10,000 wouldn't be difficult.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

• 2 weeks later...

As for CIB Spiker, the cheapest one I have seen sell at auction was around $715, and that one was not mint and the eBay seller had a feedback score of zero, IIRC. Most in the last 2 years have sold in the $1200-1600 range.

As the lucky buyer of that $715 Spiker, I can attest that fortunately it is in mint condition. The seller did have zero feedback at the time but I communicated with them to ensure this wasn't a repro box or that the instructions were copied, etc. Ah, the good old days... with the current market the way it is, it's going to take me a while to get a CIB LFII that won't be 2 - 3 times the average price.

• 3 years later...

Old topic, but I remembered it when I checked some prices on Ebay. It seems the market finally collapsed. Worm Whomper in Auctions for about 35$, same is true for River Raid. Its not so long ago these games used to sell for 80 to 120. And also many medio rare games are so extremely cheap right now. Sewer Sam in a nice shape for 6$ in an auction? This game also was at 20-25$ some time ago.

I could continue this list and there are just a few that did not dropped extremely in the price the last couple of years. So what would a fair price for a complete collection today? I don't find the time to calculate, but if I just look at the games that were used to be expensive its not a very high amount today.

There have definitely been some good deals lately (Thunder Castle, Tower of Doom, Worm Whomper, Diner, Pole Position, Defender, etc).

I think if you were to spend a couple of years shopping around for decent prices, but with minimal reselling of duplicates, you could build 125 CIB for as little as $3500-4000. More realistic and better condition for $5-7k.

Edit:

Obviously, you could get higher with mint/sealed games.

On a budget, I wonder how cheap you could build a loose 125. I bet you could assemble one for $1500 (assuming $500 Spiker + $1000 for the rest).

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
  • Like 1

There have definitely been some good deals lately (Thunder Castle, Tower of Doom, Worm Whomper, Diner, Pole Position, Defender, etc).

I think if you were to spend a couple of years shopping around for decent prices, but with minimal reselling of duplicates, you could build 125 CIB for as little as $3500-4000. More realistic and better condition for $5-7k.

And I imagine if you went cart only you could get one for half that price.

My prediction: Prices will keep falling. The console has a very small fanbase and unlike other system there is no new blood in sight. It seems that some prices were just pushed by the few guys here completing there 125, including me and now it changes into more realistic areas. 350 for SMB, which is pretty exactly what I have paid back then, seems not possible today :D Nice for the few people who will start collecting.