IGNORED

[Aquarius] Homebrew project Robotwon 2525

barnieg

As GroovyBee has posted about his new homebrew Killbotz! I thought I should give the other Mattel system some Attention and post about my homebrew idea for the Aquarius which was somewhat inspired by a recent thread about whether the Atari 2600 could do a Robotron like game so I thought what about an even more "challenged" system!

Still at very early stages and so far based on my clumsy efforts at C & Assembly on the Aquarius which started out using some Bezerk graphics. Have been working on some chunky graphics utilizing chjmartin2 brilliant graphic tool.

And yes I intend to have speech probably using the miniexpander - now all I need is a cheap real Aquarius+ miniexpander so I am not relying on emulation!!

attachicon.gifrobotwon.png

Hi, did you make any progress yet?

Thank's for asking.

Due to new job commitments and the house being a building site, I've made very little progress recently. In fact most of my retro gaming has taken a back seat :(

If there seems to be sufficient interest I'm sure that would be the motivation to get this done for December :)

Hi, did you make any progress yet?

• Like 1

Thank's for asking.

Due to new job commitments and the house being a building site, I've made very little progress recently. In fact most of my retro gaming has taken a back seat :(

If there seems to be sufficient interest I'm sure that would be the motivation to get this done for December :)

I guess congratulations are in order then regarding the job and also getting a new house! :) After you find some spare time again, just show us some new pics of your up-coming creation and I am sure there will be sufficient interest to switch you in programming mode again :-D

I guess congratulations are in order then regarding the job and also getting a new house! :) After you find some spare time again, just show us some new pics of your up-coming creation and I am sure there will be sufficient interest to switch you in programming mode again :-D

Started the new Job in January and was given a permanent part-time contract in May, looking to increase my hours dependent on child care etc.

I still do some self-employed stuff but that can be quite challenging :) Been in the house for 2 years but we've only recently been able to get some refurbishment work done. Tomorrow we have a plasterer starting to finish off what the cowboy builders didn't!

I should be able to get back into my retro stuff properly in the next few weeks with a dev environment on the laptop and tablet for those long train journeys and once the building work is complete (including the dealing with the foul smelling stagnant water we have found under the floor boards!!) I can set-up up my permanent Retro/Computer desk :D

I've got the house to my self tonight so I'm currently going through my game notes and scribblings!

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

Progress is slow but moving forward. I'm trying to put a little of effort in regularly. Because there are lots of variables in creating a homebrew game that I may not have necessary considered at the start I will most likely be aiming for a minigame release sometime November. In the meantime, I'll try and post some more info sometime early August (just after a much needed holiday)

Barnie

• Like 5

I heard Jay Leno helped develop the Aquarius computer. Strange but true!!!!

I shouldn't even bother replying to this, since you're obviously just trying to boost your post count by posting nonsense in every thread you can find in the Intellivision/Aquarius forum. But just in case anyone else stumbles across this ... no, Leno had nothing whatsoever to do with the Aquarius.

• Like 3