IGNORED

Intellivision Dutch / Belgian Manual Variations

Oscar G.

Hello guys,

Since I was taking pictures of the Blue Book and the Fan Club Newsletter I decided to take a couple of extra ones of some Manual Variations that have not been registered on the Intellivision Fun House website.

I particularly like the Microsurgeon manual as it has its own artwork inside. It looks like an anatomy textbook.

Does anyone have any other ones?

Cheers,

Oscar

post-34781-0-72098600-1364853259_thumb.jpg

post-34781-0-97392600-1364853299_thumb.jpg

post-34781-0-72286900-1364853274_thumb.jpg

post-34781-0-67413500-1364853309_thumb.jpg

I have 2 Imagic ones like that, Dragonfire and Swords and Serpents, and 15 Mattel Dutch manual ones:

Utopia

Boxing

Golf

Tennis

LV Poker

Astrosmash

Space Armada

Space Hawk

Star Strike

Armor Battle

Frog Bog

Sea Battle

Snafu

Sub Hunt

Triple Action

Again, if you were thinking of parting with yours....name your price! :-D

Seems like maybe you'd want to send those in my direction just so they could be with more of their Dutch language brethren. :)

Could send you "Voetbal", Chris. I want to keep one copy of every different language manual at least. I prefer to keep "Honkbal" because of its funny name... ;).

You should send a PM for your address details.

Cheers,

Norman

Edited by Intellivisioner

• 4 months later...

My dutch Stampede has a normal international manual and a dutch/french one.

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300939753109

The blue book, unter the normal manual and the advertisement booklet, is the dutch/french manual and there is a list of distributors worldwide. Is that something special?

By the way: Unfortunately the international manual was wet and the pages stuck together, looks bad. Has someone a manual to sell or trade? NOT the english one, the international is what I need.

I have 2 Imagic ones like that, Dragonfire and Swords and Serpents, and 15 Mattel Dutch manual ones:

Utopia

Boxing

Golf

Tennis

LV Poker

Astrosmash

Space Armada

Space Hawk

Star Strike

Armor Battle

Frog Bog

Sea Battle

Snafu

Sub Hunt

Triple Action

Again, if you were thinking of parting with yours....name your price! :-D

What is the Dutch title for Frog Bog? I bet it's silly ;-) ....Or possibly awesome [ ponder]. Maybe it translates to "Frog Battle to the Death".

What is the Dutch title for Frog Bog? I bet it's silly ;-) ....Or possibly awesome [ ponder]. Maybe it translates to "Frog Battle to the Death".

I'll need to check that for you. I've added quite a few more to my Dutch, Italian, German and French collections. Now if someone could hook me up with some Swedish and Spanish variations I'd be very indebted.

At least 15, til intvhouse has no italian and japanese version listened: http://intvfunhouse.com/games/sbat.php

Working on something you all might like ;), but a database needs data, and the days need more hours :P . Ideally, all y'all, my Intellivision friends in the glowing box, would send me flatbed scans (300 DPI) that I can render down for use on the site and from which I can figure out:

a) Who made it (Mattel, Imagic, etc.)

b) Year of printing

c) Origin of printing (Hong Kong, Italy, etc.)

d) Part number

A simple front cover scan is all I use on the site. If you can tell me the other info in an email / PM that's sufficient.

Your reward: a call out of your choosing on the appropriate "variant" listing within reason. E.g. "Image contributed by awesome dude" etc. I haven't had the callouts link to another page, but that's easy enough to do.

My dreams of actually posessing all of these variants are unrealistic and unattainable. After almost ten years of inactivity in the variant collecting aspects, it's tough to come back and resist the obsession to accumulate - hopefully just being able to collect the data will be rewarding enough.

I am busy right now, but later this year I plan to scan my collection, I'll send you scans of variations you dont have on the site, no problem. And I was proud and very surprised to read my name there ;) Just wondered a bit that you remembered the overlays, but forgot about the italian Fathom :)

I've added the items listed here (I think) to the database, but haven't really got good images. Intellivisioner, I used yours from above, but would like nicer ones if possible. :D Oscar, I haven't tried using yours. And thanks to all of you for listing these here! I tried to put a mention to each of you for the ones you mentioned. I'm sure there are some missing -- Oscar, what was the blue book you mentioned?

I've added the items listed here (I think) to the database, but haven't really got good images. Intellivisioner, I used yours from above, but would like nicer ones if possible. :D Oscar, I haven't tried using yours. And thanks to all of you for listing these here! I tried to put a mention to each of you for the ones you mentioned. I'm sure there are some missing -- Oscar, what was the blue book you mentioned?

Hello,

The blue book is a guide to be used with the ECS. The ECS basic has some commands that allow you to extract the graphics of the cartridge that is inserted on the unit. Quite cool in my opinion.
I spent one entire afternoon playing with this function. Insert a cartridge, write the command and a number. See what sprite shows up. Try different numbers with the command. Insert a new cartridge and repeat the process. BTW I am not a programmer I was only following the instructions from the manuals of the ECS.
Unfortunately the numbers that you put next to the command to extract the sprites are quite random so you end up extracting random sprites from the games. Enter the guide: It contains a series of tables that match the sprites with the ECS numbers for a number of Mattel games. Cool stuff!

There is more information and pictures in this thread:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/210658-what-is-it-guide-des-codes-de-caractere-de-jeux-intellivisionl/?hl=%2Bblue+%2Bbook&do=findComment&comment=2726798

Cheers!

Hello,

The blue book is a guide to be used with the ECS. The ECS basic has some commands that allow you to extract the graphics of the cartridge that is inserted on the unit. Quite cool in my opinion.
I spent one entire afternoon playing with this function. Insert a cartridge, write the command and a number. See what sprite shows up. Try different numbers with the command. Insert a new cartridge and repeat the process. BTW I am not a programmer I was only following the instructions from the manuals of the ECS.
Unfortunately the numbers that you put next to the command to extract the sprites are quite random so you end up extracting random sprites from the games. Enter the guide: It contains a series of tables that match the sprites with the ECS numbers for a number of Mattel games. Cool stuff!

There is more information and pictures in this thread:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/210658-what-is-it-guide-des-codes-de-caractere-de-jeux-intellivisionl/?hl=%2Bblue+%2Bbook&do=findComment&comment=2726798

Cheers!

Sweet! Was this a multilingual booklet, only released in France? Canada? I suppose I could go read the entire old thread. hehe.

As far as I know, the book was only released in France. The printing information in the last page states printed in Paris.

It is my understanding that it was packed with some versions of the French ECS Component (dark version). At least this is how I got my copy.

I find very cool to have a little database of Intellivision sprites (and to be able to extract them from the cartridges).

Let me know if you need more information. Cheers!

As far as I know, the book was only released in France. The printing information in the last page states printed in Paris.

It is my understanding that it was packed with some versions of the French ECS Component (dark version). At least this is how I got my copy.

I find very cool to have a little database of Intellivision sprites (and to be able to extract them from the cartridges).

Let me know if you need more information. Cheers!

I will look more carefully at the pictures in the other thread and may PM you later. For years I've wanted to get the European release of the ECS CIB, but it has always eluded me. Or maybe I'm just too cheap. It's amazing how expensive this hobby can be!