IGNORED

PRICE CHECK: Atari 800XL with lots of extras

Cobradvs

So I might be buying this Atari 800XL and all these extras in the next few days. Problem is, I'm not sure what it's worth. I've sold computers like this in the past and they seem to vary in price tremendously which renders my information on them skewed. So what is all this worth? Just judging what you can see of course. I'll include the description the seller gave me as well. Please help!

"Here is a pic of the system in the box. The box does have a rip that was taped. I would have to look to see what pieces I have but I am pretty sure I have the disc drive & the modem. This was mine when I was growing up.....just a few years ago "

post-28009-0-71527200-1364920009_thumb.png

"Here is what I have a disc drive, the box that connects them, 2 joysticks & a printer. I also have the books that came with the disc drive & the computer & a book of programs. I remember spending HOURS typing those things in to watch a dot go across the screen. How times have changed!!!"

post-28009-0-15048700-1364920046_thumb.png

She is thinking somewhere around the $80 mark, which I think is a good price, but how good exactly? Any information helps. Thanks!

I believe it is a great deal at $80 as long as the system works. It is boxed, which is rare, comes with extra accessories and that is always a plus with nearly 30 year old items, and hell it has the 1984 US Olympics Logo on the box, always A+ haha. I say go for it! If you know anyone looking for a Famicom Disk System and 19 games, please send them my way, I have a listing available on Marketplace.

So I might be buying this Atari 800XL and all these extras in the next few days. Problem is, I'm not sure what it's worth. I've sold computers like this in the past and they seem to vary in price tremendously which renders my information on them skewed. So what is all this worth? Just judging what you can see of course. I'll include the description the seller gave me as well. Please help!

"Here is a pic of the system in the box. The box does have a rip that was taped. I would have to look to see what pieces I have but I am pretty sure I have the disc drive & the modem. This was mine when I was growing up.....just a few years ago "

post-28009-0-71527200-1364920009_thumb.png

"Here is what I have a disc drive, the box that connects them, 2 joysticks & a printer. I also have the books that came with the disc drive & the computer & a book of programs. I remember spending HOURS typing those things in to watch a dot go across the screen. How times have changed!!!"

post-28009-0-15048700-1364920046_thumb.png

She is thinking somewhere around the $80 mark, which I think is a good price, but how good exactly? Any information helps. Thanks!

The pic isn't great, but the more unusual disk drives tend to get a good couple of bucks. At any rate I would say you could do worse if you want the system. 800xl is very classy.

It certainly doesn't appear to have been stored neatly. However, unless it was stored in a hot/humid environment (tool shed) or the stuff hasn't been banged/scraped up/dropped (mailed that way with no padding between items) then it's probably ok.

• Like 1

$80 is a good deal, assuming it all works. 800XL boxed is worth $65. 850 interface is $40. 1050 about $30. 1030 Modem $5. Still, I'd offer $60 and a smile. But I'd still buy at $80. You'd make a little money if you decide to sell, but you'd have to part it out.

• Like 1