IGNORED

Cartridge List for the Atari 8-bit Computers (400/800/XL/XE Computers)

Hello Fred_M

Thanks for your picture, I can see that the small box version corresponds to the 1986 release.

My question is: Is there a small box version of Space Invaders that was released near 1979-1982?

Do we have a picture of this?

Kind regards,

Louis BQ

Thanks to my buddy ultrasteve I can finally answer this question :) He got me the tape release of Space Invaders :)

So yes, there is a small box version of Space Invaders released on cassette tape in 1980. The serial number is CX4111.

post-6711-0-19376500-1548520517.jpg

post-6711-0-29268300-1548520543.jpg

post-6711-0-00575600-1548520563.jpg

post-6711-0-47349100-1548520582.jpg

• Like 4

I know, but your picture shows the box of the cartridge re-release of 1986 ;) Ibaeza was asking about that one, because your list stated the date 1979: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/210745-cartridge-list-for-the-atari-8-bit-computers-400800xlxe-computers/page-4?do=findComment&comment=3976013

The yellow sticker, the removal of the 400/800 logo and the date on the back of your box indicate 1986 ;)

Edited by Fred_M
  • Like 1

the sticker were added to new old stock, there were pre warner, warner, and post warner materials. The 800 not being present is telling though

Erm.... I have never seen old stock of the smaller boxes with the sticker. AFAIK those smaller (black and silver) box rereleases were made in 1986 and 1987.

post-6711-0-73991600-1548621698.jpg

• Like 1

I know, but your picture shows the box of the cartridge re-release of 1986 ;) Ibaeza was asking about that one, because your list stated the date 1979: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/210745-cartridge-list-for-the-atari-8-bit-computers-400800xlxe-computers/page-4?do=findComment&comment=3976013

The yellow sticker, the removal of the 400/800 logo and the date on the back of your box indicate 1986 ;)

true, I missed that. I do show a 1979 small black box version was made. It also confirmed my entry with another members list. I'll see if I can dig up an image.

you do realize small box of video easel appears on the left has the 400/800 and that is 1980... stickers were placed on lots of boxes, some by Atari, others by re-sellers. The whole point of stickers- to easily indicate what will work on what without reprinting everything or sending all items back or destroying them. Put the stickers on... cake. Much easier for marketing the same software that will work on the new machines... most factory stickers are on the paper box, most re-seller stickers ended up on the wrapper.... notice the word most, as for sure folks may show examples both ways... and people will also note they bought boxes without wrap and with wrap on and on.

you do realize small box of video easel appears on the left has the 400/800 and that is 1980... stickers were placed on lots of boxes, some by Atari, others by re-sellers. The whole point of stickers- to easily indicate what will work on what without reprinting everything or sending all items back or destroying them. Put the stickers on... cake. Much easier for marketing the same software that will work on the new machines... most factory stickers are on the paper box, most re-seller stickers ended up on the wrapper.... notice the word most, as for sure folks may show examples both ways... and people will also note they bought boxes without wrap and with wrap on and on.

I don't know the situation in the US. I do know the situation in Europe ;) When Atari closed their European distribution centers I was at the last warehouse in Europe: Vianen Netherlands (as a buyer). All small boxed rereleases I have seen there (and I have in my collection) had the yellow star sticker directly onto the carton box. All rereleased small boxes were stripped of their 400/800 logo and the date on the backside of the box was changed. No mention of Warner and the dates were 1986 and 1987.

Maybe some sellers did put a sticker on the wrappers of their old stock, but that does not make it a "new" release. The box still states the original date ;)

As I said at the beginning of the post, I don't have any knowledge of the situation in the U.S.

Edited by Fred_M

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/3/2013 at 4:57 PM, AtariGeezer said:

post-26874-0-90637400-1365022620_thumb.jpg

That's it. You know of anyone who has one?! I am looking for the ACE80 / ACE80XL and or DT80 80 column cartridges for the Atari computers that I created and sold back in the early 80s. I need to borrow or buy them so I can create more. If you were someone or know of someone  Amiable Computer Enhancements or TNT Computing sold one to please respond here or email me at netcoord2@gmail.com. Thanks!

Edited by netcoord99

6 hours ago, netcoord99 said:

That's it. You know of anyone who has one?! I am looking for the ACE80 / ACE80XL and or DT80 80 column cartridges for the Atari computers that I created and sold back in the early 80s. I need to borrow or buy them so I can create more. If you were someone or know of someone  Amiable Computer Enhancements or TNT Computing sold one to please respond here or email me at netcoord2@gmail.com. Thanks!

There is a rom dump of DT80 here https://atariage.com/forums/topic/161828-hooked-on-8-bit-carts/?do=findComment&comment=2476148

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2020 at 3:24 AM, AtariGeezer said:

Thanks. I have all the ROMs. I really need a schematic of the board(s). A close up photocopy of it (front and back) might do the trick though.

51 minutes ago, netcoord99 said:

Thanks. I have all the ROMs. I really need a schematic of the board(s). A close up photocopy of it (front and back) might do the trick though.

Sorry, but ain't gonna risk damaging the case. It doesn't use a screw to hold it together.

All you need is a standard 8k board that uses 2 2732's or 1 2764 Eprom...

• 2 months later...

Over the past year, I have generated a list of cartridges and variants using the pitfalljones sight as a starting point. (http://www.pitfalljones.com/atari.htm)

To date, out of the 333 cartridges available for the Atari 400/800/XE systems, I found 163 cart variants. For example, I have found Miner 2049er has six cartridge variants. 

image.png.168e996ce7a2b46f80ef56053e3e6496.png
image.png.b37e48bef5756e3ecd8f5b31fc1a3e46.png
image.png.9cde2a0a0dded43ab0b894163ed26232.png
image.png.2b47b6f77cab09e71ab21e480456022b.png
image.png.2fcd91585e911f9d371a0f01a5b97025.png
image.png.2fc94b82199201143a69d146dc4f79dc.png
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 10 months later...
On 1/20/2022 at 4:24 PM, scottyy said:

Impressive list, well done!

Here are my remarks:

• AD Converter - Ang Software 92

ANG Software did sell the AD Converter, it was distribution only. It was the A/D Converter of Mirage Poland, which is in your list too. I would delete the ANG entry of the same cartridge. But ANG did sell (for a short period) their own sample cartridge, it was the Sample Cartridge developed by Alphasys. https://atarimuseum.nl/wp-content/uploads/photo-gallery/Alphasys_Sample_Cartridge.jpg

• Homebrew?

You are mentioning "homebrew" for some titles. Please do know that almost all European cartridges in the 90s were some kind of homebrew, just like today. They were not produced by a factory but by the small companies themselves.

You added "homebrew" after the title of Laura. The European (Polish) company Retronics are selling this game professionally, so I don't know if "homebrew" is correct. Retronics sells other original cartridge games too, most of them are not in your list. These are the titles: Adam is me, Albert, Kolony 2106, 07 Come in and The new adventures of Laura (which is a different game based on Laura). https://retronics.eu/en/classic-home-english/ 

• Other titles missing

I am missing "Ridiculous Reality" in your list. It was released on cartridge in 2012 by Matosimi. 

Another "homebrew" like game was ANG Gold, the Ultimate Collection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PkxTtZtCy8

Hope this helps ;-) 

Edited by Fred_M
  • Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 8:07 AM, Fred_M said:

Impressive list, well done!

Here are my remarks:

• AD Converter - Ang Software 92

ANG Software did sell the AD Converter, it was distribution only. It was the A/D Converter of Mirage Poland, which is in your list too. I would delete the ANG entry of the same cartridge. But ANG did sell (for a short period) their own sample cartridge, it was the Sample Cartridge developed by Alphasys. https://atarimuseum.nl/wp-content/uploads/photo-gallery/Alphasys_Sample_Cartridge.jpg

• Homebrew?

You are mentioning "homebrew" for some titles. Please do know that almost all European cartridges in the 90s were some kind of homebrew, just like today. They were not produced by a factory but by the small companies themselves.

You added "homebrew" after the title of Laura. The European (Polish) company Retronics are selling this game professionally, so I don't know if "homebrew" is correct. Retronics sells other original cartridge games too, most of them are not in your list. These are the titles: Adam is me, Albert, Kolony 2106, 07 Come in and The new adventures of Laura (which is a different game based on Laura). https://retronics.eu/en/classic-home-english/ 

• Other titles missing

I am missing "Ridiculous Reality" in your list. It was released on cartridge in 2012 by Matosimi. 

Another "homebrew" like game was ANG Gold, the Ultimate Collection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PkxTtZtCy8

Hope this helps ;-) 

thx for the information!!!