IGNORED

Super Pro Tennis for the Intellivision - ?

Oscar G.

Family Tennis for the Famicom, a Japanese exclusive, is a winner on all three criteria, and is pretty much my gold standard for 1980s tennis games.

I looked at a video of Family Tennis on YouTube. It appears to suffer from the same issue; the player stops running while swinging the raquet. Does it?

What did you mean by "the computer is a cheating backboard"?

You say in Championship tennis that you could "launch nasty serves out wide". What do you mean? That you serve in quadrant 3 and the computer can not return it? I know you can not put spin on the ball in either Tennis or Championship Tennis.

Tennis allow for cross court shots. Watch the video on the Intelligentvision website. There are two nice cross court shots at 1:52 and 2:00. I have always believed you could control your shots in Tennis easier than in Championship Tennis.

I always wonder how good AI should be. As much as I love Championship Baseball, the AI is lacking. I can beat the compuer everytime. I am not good at Super Pro Football but yet, can beat it. In the 80's noone could beat me in Tennis. I am confident that had Mattel made a Super Pro Tennis, I would easily have beat the computer. Wii Tennis is a joke also. (I play the hardest level in all the games I play.)

Edited by intvdave
  • Like 1

• 5 years later...

Hi everybody!
I was wondering if someone could help me to find the digital rom of Super Pro Tennis for Intellivision. I've tried to contact the author from the intelligentvision website but I'ven't had any reply... Perhaps it is no longer in activity...
so ... anyone could help me to find it? I've always wanted to play intellivision tennis with 1 player option!

Hi everybody!

I was wondering if someone could help me to find the digital rom of Super Pro Tennis for Intellivision. I've tried to contact the author from the intelligentvision website but I'ven't had any reply... Perhaps it is no longer in activity...

so ... anyone could help me to find it? I've always wanted to play intellivision tennis with 1 player option!

When did you try through the website. You should give people a few days to respond; maybe the form is broken. You can try messaging atariage user intvdave; it's the same guy and he's active here. Edited by mr_me

I don't remember exactly... but it has been almost a month.. is it enough? :D

One would think :)

I would not say I am active on the AA forum but I did get this posting. The website should be working as I have received many emails recently and I thought I was good at responding to all of them. Please reply to me in a private IM and I will get you taken care of. Tennis is one of my favorite games and is why I updated it to have a one player mode. I definitely like to get this game out to everyone who loves it.

• Like 3

One would think :)

I would not say I am active on the AA forum but I did get this posting. The website should be working as I have received many emails recently and I thought I was good at responding to all of them. Please reply to me in a private IM and I will get you taken care of. Tennis is one of my favorite games and is why I updated it to have a one player mode. I definitely like to get this game out to everyone who loves it.

I looooove Super Pro Tennis! The original Tennis is a very dear game to me. My Grandfather, was a regular tennis player and he bought the cartridge for me, along with my first Intellivision; it was one of the first games I had. I played it a lot with my Father. To me, it's one of the best games from Mattel, even if I don't like the sports games in general all that much.

Unfortunately, being a two player game, I seldom could find anybody to play it with -- most of my friends would rather play space shooter games (which I loved too), and my sisters never cared for any video games. So, imagine my excitement at learning about a single-player version!

Super Pro Tennis is really well done -- the AI of the computer player seems to work very well: it is challenging, yet fair.

Thank you, David, for making it available. It is a very great game that doesn't get as much praise as it deserves. :)

-dZ.

• Like 3

• 4 years later...