IGNORED

Colecovision Skill Level 3 Challenge

I find many Colecovision games maintain a good balance of difficulty and fun when played at skill level three. I wanted a place to challenge others and to be challenged at level three- no time frame, post whatever game you wish, whenever. If you have a game you are adept at and want to see how you match up against others, let this thread be an informal place to throw down the gauntlet. Post your high score pictures and let the challenge begin!

Nice score! I need to work on a strategy for Space Panic, as I am new to that game. I did, however beat my Tapper score again (423,775). I think I could have gotten an even better score, but it was a long game- I was almost late to work. I'm glad you decided to participate. Having to learn new strategies is part of the fun of playing on skill three.

I also heard something intriguing recently, and I wonder if anyone can confirm it. Apparently, cv arcade ports have game play elements or features which are only included on higher difficulty settings. I've got a stack of games to "research!"

post-33964-0-19040100-1365386737_thumb.jpg

Edited by WispFollower

Nice score! I need to work on a strategy for Space Panic, as I am new to that game. I did, however beat my Tapper score again (423,775). I think I could have gotten an even better score, but it was a long game- I was almost late to work. I'm glad you decided to participate. Having to learn new strategies is part of the fun of playing on skill three.

I also heard something intriguing recently, and I wonder if anyone can confirm it. Apparently, cv arcade ports have game play elements or features which are only included on higher difficulty settings. I've got a stack of games to "research!"

That is definately true Many games will never show some of the hard things or extra things that are in the arcade if you start at 1.

For instance, if you play bump and jump you will never see the dump trucks no matter how far you get in the game unless you start at level 3

• Like 1

I've started playing tapper now. Wasn't a game I grew up playing but its quite addictive. Your scores are insanely high and I dont think I'll come close to beating them.

Mouse trap on the other hand was one I had a steady diet of as a young fella so will have to dust of my skills and see if they're still as sharp as they were.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd update this thread.

Played Venture some while ago and forgot to upload the score.

514000.jpg

Played Donkey Kong just before going to the harware store. The score should read 156,600. The score rolls over at 100K so you'll just have to take my word for it. I can do better on both games but it will do for now.

156600.jpg

Edited by CoLethalVision

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I once got to level 8 on Q*Bert on skill difficulty 1. No matter what difficulty you're on, the game really starts to get difficult around level 5. Once you reach level 5, you need so many things to be timed just right and work in your favor. I rarely ever reach level 7 or 8, but I almost always reach 5 and sometimes reach 6. It's pretty much hit-or-miss once you reach level 5.

On skill difficulty 3, I hit 130,490 points recently in Q*Bert.

CeIbwBAWoAAbl87.jpg