IGNORED

Tempest's New New Game Room

Tempest

• 3 weeks later...

Wow... simply amazing. I'm currently painting a room to have all my stuff, but I need those great shelves that you have. But I don't have a nearly as much stuff as you.

Where did you get those gaming posters?

Lots of those posters are catalogs that came with various games I've picked up over the years. The others are actually Atari Lynx instructions. There are a few I specifically bought (the Ultima V poster and the Stargate one), but the rest I simply had laying around.

Those shelves are from Ikea.

Awesome setup. You have a great collection of posters and marques.

I like how you used two identical wall units for the consoles.

What did you use for the computer desks? (where the A2000, IIGS, Mac Classic etc are) They look similar to what we had for work benches in Chemistry class.

Roughly how big is the room?

Is the TI hooked up to a VGA Dell monitor?

I never thought I would say " I need more boxes "

That's exactly what they are. My dad is a teacher and they were throwing out old lab tables so I snagged them. They work great.

The TI (and Adam and SV-326) are all hooked up to VGA monitors using a F18A board. It's a replacement for any system that uses that particular video chip (such as the TI or Colecovision). Search the boards for it, Matt is still selling them. I believe they're around $80.

I'd have to measure the basement again. I think it's something like 20x20.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to seeing the revised cave. I'm in the process of deconstructing my basement as well so I can make it mine. The original owners of our house loved bold colors and the basement is fire engine red with complimentary walls decked out in black and red-striped wallpaper.

Luckily, my collection is intentionally much smaller than yours so I don't have as much to move around while I redecorate.

BTW, I love (and am jealous of) the PCjr shelf. I had one growing up and had most of the game and program carts, with the exception of Lotus (a bit more than I could afford at the time). I didn't see Microsurgeon or Demon Attack on the shelf, however. Do you own those as well?

Edited by bikeguychicago

BTW, I love (and am jealous of) the PCjr shelf. I had one growing up and had most of the game and program carts, with the exception of Lotus (a bit more than I could afford at the time). I didn't see Microsurgeon or Demon Attack on the shelf, however. Do you own those as well?

I have Demon Attack (not boxed), but Microsurgeon is the only cartridge game I'm missing.