IGNORED

Space Patrol going cheap (mine)

y-bot

There will be more boxed versions by the end of this month, then a cart/instruction/overlay version when the boxes are gone.

There will be no more boxed versions after this next batch 8)

I'd like to buy it but I'm torn about waiting for the final boxed release so Joe at LTO gets his due for them...

As an observation from a newer bod on the block, the LTO website in 2008 announced a second wave release that (if I'm not mistaken) eventuated last year.

Has someone actually spoken to Joe to check if he is doing another run? I thought the last release was getting rid of his old already printed boxes which very quickly sold out (not that I cared because I was lucky to get one of them).

Have any been released since CGE last year? Every mention of this game since then has said more are coming soon and I haven't noticed any for sale at original retail. I had them for sale for $50 at PRGE in September and sold 0.

I've written Joe a couple of times and each time he's re-iterated that he plans on releasing new boxes copies. However, if you still have some that you're willing to sell for $50...

Lol, I had no intention of selling these Space Patrol games on Ebay when I became a "distributor" but when I had no luck selling them at PRGE and they were selling for over $100 on Ebay what am I supposed to do? I tried to work a few trades here but no dice.

I've written Joe a couple of times and each time he's re-iterated that he plans on releasing new boxes copies. However, if you still have some that you're willing to sell for $50...

Same here, it's the main reason I've been holding off bidding on ones on ebay.

I hope they become available soon, I doubt there will be any on ebay again for a long time.

I hope they become available soon, I doubt there will be any on ebay again for a long time.

I agree with you. 4 of the ones on Ebay since October were mine. Not sure who else had/has extras.

Yeah, but if I look to the prices of Moon Patrol... Of course there is no "Space" in the title, but the game is imo not 150 Dollar worse than Space Patrol ^^

As a collector its no question, but if we are talking about gaming I would advise to buy the VCS Version and also as a collector I would dehort people to buy homebrews for 160 Dollar.

Yeah, I saw the one on eBay but I figured I'd rather support another run if possible.

As an observation from a newer bod on the block, the LTO website in 2008 announced a second wave release that (if I'm not mistaken) eventuated last year.

Has someone actually spoken to Joe to check if he is doing another run? I thought the last release was getting rid of his old already printed boxes which very quickly sold out (not that I cared because I was lucky to get one of them).

Not to speak for Joe, but as I understood it, the last batch was to get rid of his existing inventory of boxes--and that's gone now. However, there was so much demand that he mentioned he would be releasing it in cart with manuals and overlays, for as long as he has them in stock, but that no more boxes were going to be printed.

-dZ.