IGNORED

[AC2k13 coding contest] : The castle of Khon-gis

Fadest

This weeks, there was a coding contest at the french AC as usual.

The goal was to make in less than 30 hours a game base on an old french game on french Victor computer : Baroudeur.

We were 10 to enter the contest.

Winner : Brunni (GBA)

Second : Nicam (Coleco)

Third : GroovyBee (Intellivision)

There was also 3 games on Jaguar, 1 for Wonderswan B&W, A for Atari Falcon and 2 for our beloved Lynx

My game :

Your goal is to enter the castle of Khon-gis, find hidden treasures ang find the exit.

I will not give you screenshots or video right now, because :

- the game is ugly

- the game is very ugly

- the game is probably more ugly than what you are thinking (yes, it is possible)

- there is no scoring or time challenge, so, once you have made your way through the castle, there is no interest to go bac, so better to have the surprise :D

It's better to play the game on a real Lynx (did I say it is ugly ? it's even worse on Handy.), and there some gameplay twist that will be better to dicover on real Lynx

LYX file for flashcard : ENTSimul.LYX

For Handy or BLL kit : ENTSimul.o

• Like 2

I think it is amazing you could code this up in 30 hours. With or without sleep that is a big accomplishment. Great stuff. It is not really difficult to look past the placeholder graphics. Heck, they are way better than the ones from Tiny Lynx Adventure. Love to see this grow into a full game. It reminds me a little of that Aztec running game that also had different types of play in it.

What was the other Lynx entry?

I had big plans to go to AC, but it turned out to be not very realistic for me to be away during the weekend and leave my family alone back home. It is not very, very far, but The Netherlands -> Paris is still a lot of kilometers and hours of driving. Moreover, I hadn't gotten as far with my own project to actually show something

I had big plans to go to AC, but it turned out to be not very realistic for me to be away during the weekend and leave my family alone back home. It is not very, very far, but The Netherlands -> Paris is still a lot of kilometers and hours of driving. Moreover, I hadn't gotten as far with my own project to actually show something

You don't need to go to AC and show something. If you enter the speed coding contest all your free time will be taken up with that ;). The announcements and presentations are in French and English so you won't miss out on those either.

Linkovitch, Gaztee, sh3-rg and myself made the journey to AC from the UK this year. Its a mega road/ferry/road trip but its a ton of fun.