IGNORED

RollerBall - SOS CAT - Mario Bros - Mindwalls - PRE-ORDER!

retroillucid

I did recently acquire armageddan, Lock'n'chase & Zombie Near And I'd have to say these are excellent.

Lock n chase is a great version. Very smooth and exactly as you would expect.

Armageddan is excellent also. I always like missle command, atlantis, and similar games on other systems and this is as great as any of them and it's on colecovision so the graphics are better. Nice little town to destroy.

(say I wonder if rampage is ever a possibility?)

Zombie near is better to play than I was anticipating. I would recommend it to anyone who is thinking about it. I'm a big frenzy fan so it's right up my alley.

• Like 2

I got Cat SOS and Bomb N Blast. I played them both. Cat SOS is pretty interesting. I really dig the double size sprites and thought they were animated awesomely and well done. After reading the manual, I can see it is used in waiting room while the actual heavy machinery is being repaired. I think that was a great idea. I wish more waiting room could use a video game to keep people occuptied like you're waiting to be checked at the ER. You can play a doctor game fixing up a person's body while you wait til you see a doctor. It may make you forget that you're in pain. The box art is cool, Crapuchute did a great job on it.

Bomb N Blast, I was off the forums when the pre-order came up and thought I missed the opportunity. I asked retroillucid one day if he had one in stock. I did have a little push into getting newcoleco to compose sound and music for this game. He said, yes I have one right here. I'm so glad to have this game in my possession. It is my very first Bomb-liss game. I love the way the bombs wreck havok on the screen when you manage the blow up the huge bomb. Really fun and addicting game.

• Like 1

Got Mario Bros. and Roller Ball today.

Mario Bros. is a-maz-ing! And the cart is green. How many we're green?

I've been asking for Mario Bros way before preorder when I found out there was going to be this release. (Glad I waited and didn't spend a fortune for the previous releases.)

I forgot to check out the overlays!

Got a euro Roller Ball box and cart, though I asked for the box with the pinball machine. It plays okay, it isn't PAL is it? Do you make NTSC carts in PAL carts/boxes or is mine one-of-a-kind?

• Like 1

It's good to read that you doing well right now. :)

I suppose I have to wait a few more weeks to get my hands on my games because shipping will take some more weeks, but I'm already pretty excited about playing them. :)

I second that observation!! Got both S.O.S. and Mario Bros. SOS is not a hard game or actually too interesting, BUT it is an actual piece of the ColecoVision's history. On the other hand, Mario is AWESOME. 2 players attacking the various creatures trying to kill you, and the 2 players can play as a team and get all the creatures. I missed out on the first edition, but got the latest one, can't say enough about the team that brought it to us in Colecoland.

• Like 1

I've received my Cat SOS game and I'm so glad of having this piece of history. Thanks! :thumbsup:

By the way, anyone that has not ordered Mario Bros, ORDER IT!, it comes with two AWESOME overlays. :lust:

Yes, the overlays are pretty cool. :cool:

It would be great to see more games with overlays. ;)

• Like 4