IGNORED

RollerBall - SOS CAT - Mario Bros - Mindwalls - PRE-ORDER!

retroillucid

• 5 months later...

I finally got a copy of Mario Bros, REV D in the green case with everything except for the overlays. Do anyone have a set of these I could buy? I'm kinda bummed but then again, Beggars can't be choosers.. but to truly consider this CIB, I've gotta get some overlays somehow. My collection won't be complete without it. Thanks guys!

I finally got a copy of Mario Bros, REV D in the green case with everything except for the overlays. Do anyone have a set of these I could buy? I'm kinda bummed but then again, Beggars can't be choosers.. but to truly consider this CIB, I've gotta get some overlays somehow. My collection won't be complete without it. Thanks guys!

There's overlays for Mario Bros? I didn't get any on the first run. Why would this game need overlays?

No biggie. It doesn't NEED overlays, but I'd sure feel better about it.. I'm sure you all can relate ;-) That would explain it though, thanks for clearing that up. I have the latest version of the game as far as I know. Perhaps I can get a set reproduced from somebody here, I'll have to ask around.. Hell maybe I'll attempt to make own custom one like Yurkie did. However I better concentrate on finding different controllers, all mine are about shot! Luckily I just snagged a Spectravideo controller up off eBay a couple days ago, so I'll just have to wait on playing for now. Patience..

No biggie. It doesn't NEED overlays, but I'd sure feel better about it.. I'm sure you all can relate ;-) That would explain it though, thanks for clearing that up. I have the latest version of the game as far as I know. Perhaps I can get a set reproduced from somebody here, I'll have to ask around.. Hell maybe I'll attempt to make own custom one like Yurkie did. However I better concentrate on finding different controllers, all mine are about shot! Luckily I just snagged a Spectravideo controller up off eBay a couple days ago, so I'll just have to wait on playing for now. Patience..

As was mentioned, just send a PM to PBoland concerning the MB overlays as well as numerous others (reproductions as well as new creations) that he has available.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I wouldn't get your hopes up to high for the SpectraVideo controller. In fact, most of the 3rd Party controllers that were made for the CV aren't worth spending the money on unless you are buying them just to add to your collection. I still prefer the stock CV controller over all of them and even better yet is the modded CV controller by Yurkie that provides a Ball-Knob and Straightened Cord... as well as being completely refurbished inside and out.

Thanks for clarifying that retroillucid, the MB overlays mystery has been solved! :-) I also sent you a PM a while ago about some things, I look forward to hearing from you. Anyways, Thanks again fellas, I already spoke to pboland about some other overlays, I'll just add this to the list ;-) I just need to get the funds up for everything. :-\ (that means Yurkie controllers to unfortunately)

As far as 3rd party controllers, I have a pair of Wico's and they're terrible but i figured I'd give the SpectraVideo a shot and did want to have for my collection regardless. It's all good :-D Later!

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD85

• 4 weeks later...

I just got the CAT S.O.S Game in the mail Saturday, and it is quite cool. I'm really glad I bought it! Although it may not the best game in the world but it's a really important part of ColecoVision history. I remember reading about this game years ago and it's pretty awesome to be holding it in my hands. This is actually quite addicting actually, I'm surprised. The downfall is its really short, I wish the gaming sessions lasted a little longer. I'm honored to have a copy since there's only 50 or so and the box is very nice to! Cheers