IGNORED

WTB working PS2 with flip top installed

Khpitbos25

I'm looking for a working PS2 with a flip top already installed, preferably also with the Swap Magic. I've already tried installing a flip top on my old fat PS2, which ended up breaking in the process. So I just want to save myself the trouble. If anybody has this, I'd be willing to pay for it.

Only a suggestion here, but just get a PS2 phatty and run with Free McBoot. No case mod needed. Then, pick up a network adapter & HDD and forget about ever using the PS2 laser again. WIN!!!

Hmmm I have 3 network adapters. I must learn more about this. I have a chipped slim already but hey keep options open.

Edited by icemanxp300

Sooo any news on it?

I've got a fatty with a flip top SCPH-30001 (Version 4).

The laser is still good, and all of the ports/sockets work great.

However, it has 2 issues:

1. Rumble doesn't work.

2. The clear blue casing has a small crack in it.

It comes with the origonal black casing, as well as:

Standard Sony-Brand Composite Video & Stereo Audio cables (Yellow, Red, White).

The AC/Power Cord.

Boxed Sony Brand PS2 Vertical Stand.

Two Expansion Bay covers. One is blue, the other is Black.

Used Sony-Brand Black DualShock2 Controller.

Moded with a new (Quieter) internal exaust Fan.

I can let it go for about $30+ S&H.

I'll need your Zipcode (Or country, if not American) to calculate the shipping costs.

PS2_Blue_1.jpgPS2_Blue_2.jpg

PS2_Blue_3.jpgPS2_Blue_5.jpg

PS2_Blue_9.jpgPS2_Blue_4.jpg

PS2_Blue_8.jpgPS2_Blue_6.jpg

For an extra $5 I can include a Sony Brand PS2 BroadBand Adapter.

NWA_R.jpgNWA_F.jpg

For an extra $10 I can substitute the Used DS2 for a New Sony Brand DualShock2 Controller.

DualShock_2_Used.jpgDualShock_2_NEW.jpg

EDITED TO ADD:

I forgot to mention that I no longer have Swap Magic, so you might want to give damcanadian at least another day or two to respond, before taking me up on my offer, since buying Swap Magic 3.8 Coder seprately would set ya back another 30 bucks or so.

Edited by SeymorOnion

Well, cost can be an issue, depending on availability or location.

Then there's complexity.

There's also a number of games that won't work with HDL or *Free Mc Boot, IIRC.

*It's been quite a while since I read about Free McBoot. For all I know, they've been able to achieve 100% compatibility with all games.

Then there's complexity.

*It's been quite a while since I read about Free McBoot. For all I know, they've been able to achieve 100% compatibility with all games.

Like anything COST, time etc. Oh I have a PS2 Slim now someone modded but prior to that I was pretty happy with my fliptop and swap discs. No other advantage really but for someone as unskilled at installing a modchip (the PS2 job requires some fine work) the fliptop / swap disc was something even an idiot like me could do. Looking back of course even paying someone extra for a pre-modded or shipping back and forth for a well down modchip job is worth the extra $$$$$. all about options.

Then there's complexity.

For me personally, I switch back and forth between OPL and HDL (although I'm in OPL roughly 90% of the time), and I've only encountered a few games that I can't run. When that happens though and I find something that just won't load, an ESR patched disc is an easy workaround via normal play on the dvd drive.

As for the hard-mod, I have 3 PS2's that are chipped, yet the soft-modded V10 definitely gets the most play.

Either way you choose, the amount of options on the PS2 are just insane. I'm sure we can all agree on that! :)

I'm so sorry about the wait, most of my mid gen systems are packed up in storage since I don't use them at PAX, found the right box today and was able to test it, here are the pics,

it boots up just fine, no problems just as I remember it, the front of the cd stay is missing, but doesn't effect opening/play at all. I wasn't able to find the swapmagic cd though sadly, thought it was with it last I saw, not sure if this is a deal breaker for you, sorry to make you wait for bad news.

post-35147-0-69835400-1365911063_thumb.jpg

post-35147-0-09280300-1365911065_thumb.jpg

post-35147-0-47235800-1365911066_thumb.jpg

post-35147-0-72210900-1365911067_thumb.jpg

Edited by damcanadian

how does 30+shipping sound since Ill have to include my network adapter(since I don't have the back plate anymore lol), will include stock power/video cables plus a used black duel-shock 2 controller, and a blank playstation 2 brand black memory card.

That sounds like a great deal to me! I'll message you my zip code to calculate the shipping before I make my final decision.
  • Like 1

PM Sent. ^^

Here are some more photos of my Blue PS2:

Blue_PS2_Closeup_1.jpg

Blue_PS2_Closeup_2.jpgBlue_PS2_Closeup_3.jpg

................................................................The pic above shows the crack in the Blue Casing

Blue_PS2_Closeup_4.jpg

Blue_PS2_Closeup_5.jpg

Here's what the Used PS2 Controller looks like:

Blue_PS2_Closeup_6.jpg

The Buttons and Analog Sticks are in good shape; it feels like a New controller.