IGNORED

Wich one of these you would buy as a Complete in Box Release?

retroillucid

22 members have voted

1. 1. Wich of these titles you would like to see a full Complete in Box Release?

• Yolk's on You
    • M*A*S*H
    • Porky
    • Video Hustler
    • Fall Guy
    • Number Bumber (release as Amazing Bumpman by Telegames)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Well, Video Hustler is already sold as a homebrew, by me. It's known as Konami's Billiards and it's the bonus game in Konami's Ping-Pong. :)

i know, but I ask for the hardcore collector who would want the cabinet style box

As for the others, I could be interested in them, but only if the box art is really good. :)

Yeah that's for sure!

Not like my first attempt in 2005 with in example SA Baseball :P ;)

Wich lead me to think that maybe people would like to see a box for SA Baseball... ?

Wich lead me to think that maybe people would like to see a box for SA Baseball... ?

A new Super Action Baseball box is on it's way soon enough thanks to the collaborative efforts of Dreygor, Jaymiester and myself. Now we just have to work things out with someone to print a run of boxes.

I wasn't going to let the cat out of the bag this early, but after your post, it seemed like a very good time. Stay tuned... I think you'll like it!

• Like 1

All of them, of course! Even though I have each of them in some cart or CIB form, proper releases done up to the 9's would be very welcome.

BTW, my vote was for M*A*S*H and I think the Atari 2600 release (box, cart label and manual) could provide some very good inspiration/ideas.

A new Super Action Baseball box is on it's way soon enough thanks to the collaborative efforts of Dreygor, Jaymiester and myself. Now we just have to work things out with someone to print a run of boxes.

I wasn't going to let the cat out of the bag this early, but after your post, it seemed like a very good time. Stay tuned... I think you'll like it!

I can domthe printing, just let me know

If you already have a guy for the print job, then I think you should use his service as you asked him first.

:)

Thanks for understanding. I always think of you first and foremost, butwith everything you have going on, I didn't want to burden you with another project... even though I know you can and would happily handle a print run.

Nothing is set in concrete yet, so you never know. We shall see.

• Like 1

How about a North American release of Meteoric Shower by Bitcorp? I played this game yesterday on an emulator and I found it enjoyable. (weaker than Galaxian or Gorf but still good) Can you use the driving controller with Fall Guy? I have seen a few copies of Fall Guy floating around on ebay did someone else release it before? (I have seen a loose cart and a box without a cart before) I voted for Mash but I think Porky's would be my second choice from the above list.

I'm pretty sure Fall Guy is an unfinished prototype, but one would have to do sufficient tests to be sure. In fact, in my humble opinion, ALL these protos should be checked for proper functionality (if only to help make the instruction manuals complete and accurate). If any minor bugs can be squashed before release, it would add to the value of these CollectorVision releases. Finishing these games to make them more than just prototypes (i.e. adding minor features to make them complete games) would be an even better idea. I understand this means asking a homebrew programmer to disassemble and study the source code of each ROM, which can add some $$$ to the final pricetag, but I think it's worth the effort, especially in the case of Porky, M*A*S*H and Fall Guy. Yolk's on You, Video Hustler and Number Bumper probably don't need any work.

EDIT: I agree that Meteoric Shower should be added to the list of potential CollectorVision proto re-releases. :)

Edited by Pixelboy

I'm pretty sure Fall Guy is an unfinished prototype, but one would have to do sufficient tests to be sure. In fact, in my humble opinion, ALL these protos should be checked for proper functionality (if only to help make the instruction manuals complete and accurate). If any minor bugs can be squashed before release, it would add to the value of these CollectorVision releases. Finishing these games to make them more than just prototypes (i.e. adding minor features to make them complete games) would be an even better idea. I understand this means asking a homebrew programmer to disassemble and study the source code of each ROM, which can add some $$$ to the final pricetag, but I think it's worth the effort, especially in the case of Porky, M*A*S*H and Fall Guy. Yolk's on You, Video Hustler and Number Bumper probably don't need any work.

EDIT: I agree that Meteoric Shower should be added to the list of potential CollectorVision proto re-releases. :)

I have manuals for some protos .... So maybe some were completed.....

Yeah fall guy does seem unfinished. My experience is that it is just driving around. There needs to be some objectives added to make it a game. MASH seems complete but i think it would be better with another level or two added. The music is what really adds to this game. The Yolks on you looks boring. Just not a game that looks like fun. Porky's looks complete but also looks very buggy. I think some sort of boss level before the place blows up would certainly make it a better game.

Seems like M*A*S*H is winning by a landslide so far. Is that prototype a complete game, or is it unfinished, by the way? Does anyone know?

I think M*A*S*H is complete, but I haven't played it enough to know for sure. A good way to see would/might be to compare it to the released Atari 2600 version.

How about a North American release of Meteoric Shower by Bitcorp?

Reproduction cart and box version has been made of this one already although it has never been offered in mass for purchase. Ask Retroillucid or Coleco_Master for info.

Can you use the driving controller with Fall Guy? I have seen a few copies of Fall Guy floating around on ebay did someone else release it before? (I have seen a loose cart and a box without a cart before)

Yes, you can use the Driving Module, but the game's gameplay is very crude. CBS/eColeco made a release back in the 90's and there has been another repro available on eBay of late with a manual... very nice looking I might add (nice job on that one T.)

Check out the link to Ed's YouTube channel... a lot of great CV & ADAM videos on here: http://www.youtube.c...eature=mhum#g/u

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2fkidMuZ1yE

I would say the game is a late stage prototype and needs some work to make it more playable as well as enjoyable. The driving sequence has always been very frustrating to me and I never got inside a building. The video provided above shows the gameplay inside the building and it looks incredibly frustrating.

I would also like to release Turbo .... Similar to what Team Pixelboy did with Destructor

Turbo SCE ( standard controller edition )

Not sure if it worth doing that though

Well, the box is done for the most part (title would need to be changed to add SCE), the manual is done (thanks Coleco), the rom is done (need Daniel's permission)and a label would be easy to make (thanks Coleco, again) with the addition of SCE to the title.

So a CIB release might not be such a bad idea, but I think the sales price would have to be adjusted accordingly compared to other Homebrew releases to reflect the smaller amount of work needed on this project like PixelBoy did with Destructor SCE.

Edited by NIAD