IGNORED

Injustice - Gods Among Us

So, I may be in the dark, but I knew nothing about this thing. And now it has become just the 3rd game I am willing to part with full price for, in the 360's library. And I don't even think it will be perfect or a masterpiece, but it doesn't have to be. I loved Mortal Kombat 9 so much, they can pretty much just reskin it and sell me this as a DC Comics fighter. I'm good with that, and hoping for better.

And Batman's super move (or whatever they are calling the "Double Triggers when your gauge is fully charged" move in this game) is wickedly funny, over-the-top hilarious almost like a Roger Moore James Bond intro scene.

And pretty please, Netherrealm, don't blow it on this and rip me off. Do even half as good as you did with the latest MK and I'll be more than satisfied.

Anyone else have any thoughts after trying the demo or watching video? Am I completely insane to be in love with this?

I feel like it's the HD modern remastering of Justice League Task Force for the SNES I've been waiting a couple of decades for. :)

I pre-ordered the game. Got in on a $45 dollar pre-order deal Toys R Us had about a month ago.

I'm not wildly excited about it, I did like MK9 as well, but have never been a HUGE fighter fan (except for maybe Soul Calibur)

I dunno, like you said, it looks like MK9 with new skins. I'm sure it'll be fun to play around with for awhile.

If you want an easy online win hit me up when you get it. LOL

I almost never buy games on release day, but I pre-ordered this one. It's best not to think of it as a reskinned MK9 though. Graphically it's similar but it's a different fighting engine than MK. I downloaded the demo last week just to get an idea, and it plays differently for sure.

I almost never buy games on release day, but I pre-ordered this one. It's best not to think of it as a reskinned MK9 though. Graphically it's similar but it's a different fighting engine than MK. I downloaded the demo last week just to get an idea, and it plays differently for sure.

That is good to know. I didn't try the demo although I did know about it. I did watch a couple video's, but I mainly wanted to be surprised with it.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one stoked for this! I also hope it's not as easy as the demo; I actually don't have a Gold / Live account so I just play versus CPU. My skillz, in terms of how people online compete, are close to non-existent. :)

Also interesting to hear it is a different fighting engine; I only tinkered a bit with the demo and it felt similar to MK9.

That ToysRUs deal sounds like the best I've heard. I got it from Amazon for $60 but with a $10 Amazon credit, not as good a deal but not bad.

Really enjoyed the latest Mortal Kombat, and I enjoyed the Injustice demo, so I'll definitely be checking it out. Will probably not buy until they re-release it with all the DLC included. If there's anything Capcom has taught me, it's to be wary of buying ANY fighting games on launch day!

:mad:

Description: Injustice Gods Among Us for Xbox 360 One Color

Quantity: 1 @ $44.99

Important: You can expect to receive your items between 04/18/13 and 04/23/13

Guess it'll be a few days before I hit you up Taskmaster. My buddy snagged the Fighter Stick Edition earlier today. He says it was worth every penny. (and it cost like 15,000 pennies!)

Description: Injustice Gods Among Us for Xbox 360 One Color

Quantity: 1 @ $44.99

Important: You can expect to receive your items between 04/18/13 and 04/23/13

Guess it'll be a few days before I hit you up Taskmaster. My buddy snagged the Fighter Stick Edition earlier today. He says it was worth every penny. (and it cost like 15,000 pennies!)

Not a problem homie. Looking forward to playing real people. The computer is getting old....lol. Started using other characters in training mode just to get a feel. Deathstroke is the shiz!!!!!

Edited by Taskmaster99

I would just like to say that Amazon sucks wind for pre-ordering games. They hadn't shipped mine out yet, so I canceled the damned thing tonight. I'll just lose my $10 credit and get it faster either via ebay or I'll just go to a local store. Ridiculous.

Thinking about getting a UK version with a "Red Son Steelbook", just because it's cool. Unfortunately, resellers are asking $100 for those. Grr. Also, the UK Collector's edition statue is more to my liking than the US one (which features Batman being strangled by Wonder Woman's lasso and about to get a severe beatdown by her; the UK one has them facing each other and both on about equal ground), but I'm not shelling out $170 for a statue and some cards and skins.

So...hoping to be able to play this mofo soon.

And to reiterate...I am more than displeased with how much Amazon sucks with regard to pre-orders. They hosed me the one other time I pre-ordered a game, it showed up a good 10 days after release day. And somehow I thought this time would be better. Duh. :P

And to reiterate...I am more than displeased with how much Amazon sucks with regard to pre-orders.

Yeah if you are a Prime member, often time you get launch day delivery on big titles, or at the very least 2 day delivery.

I know the feeling though if you aren't Prime, it can seem to take forever!!

I decided to order from Toys R Us and the game was $15 off, but I'm still waiting as well. Oh well....in my case I don't care, would rather save the $$ and wait.

You talking about the Darkest Night Zombie Skins or something else?

I dont know what Im talking about. When I preordered...the Gamestop person asked if I wanted the season pass for the new costume download and characters that would be coming. I dont know what costumes....but all I want are characters.

I dont know what Im talking about. When I preordered...the Gamestop person asked if I wanted the season pass for the new costume download and characters that would be coming. I dont know what costumes....but all I want are characters.

I gotcha. I don't think the zombie Skins are part of the Season pass. I know various stores had different skins for certain characters, all of which will probably be available for purchase later. Anyways, It's been reported some pre-order DLC that showed up in Germany is probably coming to the US later. As far as I know it's an Amazon.com exclusive. Here's the info...

http://www.ign.com/a...e-gods-among-us

I just noticed it's Blackest Night, not Darkest Night. No new character associated with the DLC that I know of. The only character I've heard discussed as part of the season pass is Lobo. You know of any others announced?

People keep saying Martian Manhunter but nothing in stone. Have also heard rumors of Dr. Fate and Professor Zoom. Its all speculation though......but very strong on Martian Manhunter.

Zoom could merely be a costume swap.

As far as costumes....my preorder from Gamestop got me a code for Red Son Superman.....yay :roll:

Edited by Taskmaster99

Whole damned thing is killing me. I kind of want the Blackest Night DLC, Very much want the Red Son DLC (didn't know about the preorder exclusive thing or I would have GameStop pre-ordered), kind of like the Steelbook that comes with the Euro versions of the game, and _kind of_ want the joystick that comes with the Gamestop Battle edition.

$150 plus shipping and tax for the stick version from Gamestop (with no DLC), $95 for the Euro Red Son steelbook edition off Ebay, could pay extra for the Blackest Night DLC off ebay scamming resellers....and/or could be patient and wait to get a used copy of the game on the cheap, and hope they release Red Son and Blackest Knight as pay to download sometime soon after. Grr. Probably shoulda just kept my pre-order for $10 credit back from Amazon. Course I still wouldn't have it by now and would be peeved. :P

How is the Red Son pack, costumes, missions? Any good?