IGNORED

Back in the game

Curt Vendel

This is shocking news and I'm hoping it is just miscommunication between Curt and Mark. I still plan on releasing DK XM. All it needs from the XM is the POKEY chip and I'm assuming that is still part of the design. Curt had mentioned to me that the Yamaha chip audio quality wasn't where it needed to be so I've offered to take a look at the analog circuit.

Hi

Groovy started soo many projects.....

Most of them will never be finished,i fear.....

But i am no wondering about this......he seems to be too busy (like a busy bee)

The XM project is running since near 3 years and we all got nothing till now.....

So let us hope,that Curt can finish it with help of some other users.

greetings Walter

http://www.atarimuse...7800/expansion/

Bummed that GroovyBee has backed out. Does this mean the XM games are no longer forthcoming as well?

Here: http://atariage.com/...y/#entry2757892

From "108 Stars" respecting a PM about a week ago, it seems they should still be forthcoming. Will be kind of difficult I would think if they include code that has not been finished up/polished or even included in the XM now. Guess we'll see what happens.

My better judgement is preventing me from making comments on him pulling out from Curt so late in the game, if that is indeed what happened here. I wish I knew the hardware end of this stuff better. I would have helped. But, I am relieved that someone as talented as tep392 is (and genuinely loves the hobby as we all do), we should be fine.

If it's due to some personal issues on his side, I hope they are resolved soon and he is ok.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear Curt that your left holding the bag AGAIN. I guess thats the trouble getting help with things. You can really only rely on yourself.. I dont have better judgement but I still wont really say what I think of this situation..But I think everyones got that same feeling...

One other thing. Thanks for letting everyone know. And your plan sounds good for getting it done. Best of luck.

• Like 2

What a steaming pile from some of the most over-reactive emo-rage-quitters this tiny little community has ever pandered to.

It was GB who was left holding the bag, fending off the XM naysayers for very long periods of time and worked his arse off on the XM from very early on in the project - doing way more than he ever signed up for simply because he's the kind of nice chap who doesn't like to say no to someone in need. And what did he get for this? A torrent of abuse and a pathetic circle jerk fest from supposed 7800 "fans".

There's no need for yet another campaign of whispers and fibs... if GB really has walked away from 7800 work, you can be sure the reason for that is the 7800 "fanbase" itself and their juvenile self-important taking sides and shit stirring... and they said it was the Jaguar fanbase that was into self-harm... lol.

• Like 2

What a steaming pile from some of the most over-reactive emo-rage-quitters this tiny little community has ever pandered to.

It was GB who was left holding the bag, fending off the XM naysayers for very long periods of time and worked his arse off on the XM from very early on in the project - doing way more than he ever signed up for simply because he's the kind of nice chap who doesn't like to say no to someone in need. And what did he get for this? A torrent of abuse and a pathetic circle jerk fest from supposed 7800 "fans".

There's no need for yet another campaign of whispers and fibs... if GB really has walked away from 7800 work, you can be sure the reason for that is the 7800 "fanbase" itself and their juvenile self-important taking sides and shit stirring... and they said it was the Jaguar fanbase that was into self-harm... lol.

Odd, from the post above it seems like if anyone is stirring anything, it would certainly be fuel to the fire with your message above.

You have over 1300 posts. Over 1160 of them are from the Jaguar forum and a little over 30 including the one above for this forum.

It would leave some to believe you may have a specific agenda posting here and now. Here's to hoping that some are wrong.

Thanks for the contribution.

It would be great to see Groovy come back and finish his work on the XM with Curt. Regardless, we all need to rally together to support Curt (Even if it is just morale support) to get this expansion unit in the hands of the passionate and devoted 7800 community.

• Like 1

Huh? Where's all this shit stirring you speak of? The posts above are just people wondering what's going to happen with the project and games. It also looks to me like people are waiting to pass judgement since we havn't seen any confirmation of this from GB himself.

• Like 2

No one has over reacting, except perhaps you...

I posted up in the update that Mark has been a great help to the XM project and he has been a real champion of it, there was no ill-will, no regret. No one is raging or or the like at him and if they were to, I think it would be uncalled for since he helped on the project, he never hindered it, he's just moved onto other things - he hasn't communicated to me, Perry or anyone else so no one knows why he's moved on and speculating is pointless and fruitless so no one should bother to do so.

I think you are blowing your opinion way out of proportion in your view of things Sh3 rg...

• Like 7

To show how incredibly disappointed and upset I am about the 7800 fanbase and how much it sucks and all that... I'm going to buy a 7800 game from the Atari Age store RIGHT NOW!

Seriously, sh3-rg,where the hell did that rant come from?

Edit: And in case you're wondering, the game I ordered was "Meteor Shower". I have to keep bribing PacManPlus somehow, right? :)

Edited by Jaynz
  • Like 2

I had little interaction with GB-man as I've only been here for about 25 minutes compared to everyone else. But he once made an effort to help my works and he's very professional. He made his Mark here, so to speak. Hopefully whatever took him away will eventually bring him back. I think we should make a Groovy Bee game and movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16SMpTXpuuY

///BLUEMAN///

• Like 1

And the 7800 community has enough great programmers ,like TEP,BLUE,SCHMUTZPUPPE,PROPANE and for sure BOB :) and many others,i forgot

But it would be great,if GB would tell,what is up.......

And some info about unfinished projects.......Not only the 7800 has many unfinished games and projects,other systems,like Jaguar,Lynx,Atari XL and many more,have the same problems,that people start a great thing and then suddenly stop it,without comment.And especially the JAG users are the guys,who mostly do not post their work for the community.

Some times later,you find it for big bugs at ............

Most of the 7800 guys post their work,even if unfinished.....I for myself,i am only a little hacker and i have 2 projects in the work.They are only shown to chosen people....

They will be posted to the community,when i have really something to show....And this is the reason,why i never anounce a project,without having it for showing.....

And you all should think,that most of the 7800 programmers have a job and family...and this has priority.So i could understand GB in some way.But it would be good,if he can post a comment....So,we all would know,what is up......

greetings Walter

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/214684-7800xms-just-checking-in/page-3?do=findComment&comment=2837572

"Someone asked about ordering - sorry, no further orders until the XM's ship to all of the people who pre-ordered and supported this project early on, their orders were like an Atari Age version of kickstarter, it funded the cost of the steeling tooling for the plastics and the production of the plastic cases, tooling and production of the aluminum name plates, cost of the boxes and manuals so they get taken care of first and foremost before any new orders will be taken, so hang in there, still have a lot to do and the programmers came back with some good feedback on some things, so those ideas and changes will be implemented, now it looks like some compatibility testing with the several versions of the 7800's will have to also be done."

When they do become available again, you can find them here: http://www.syzygycompany.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=51

Current price shows $149.99

As a result of the above explanation, it will show...

"Products marked with *** are not available in the desired quantity or not in stock!"

...if you add it to your cart for purchase.

Hey man, good to meet you. Thanks for the input and have a great day!

To show how incredibly disappointed and upset I am about the 7800 fanbase and how much it sucks and all that... I'm going to buy a 7800 game from the Atari Age store RIGHT NOW!

Seriously, sh3-rg,where the hell did that rant come from?

Edit: And in case you're wondering, the game I ordered was "Meteor Shower". I have to keep bribing PacManPlus somehow, right? :)

I'm thinking about getting that one too. Bob is currently tied with Nintendo for the number of games he has on the market that I don't have that I want.

sh3-rg is probably just sad about something or other today. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yop62wQH498

So is it safe to assume all the games GB had in development for the XM will never see the light if day, or had he delivered binaries to anyone for production?

Also is $149 really the final price? Yikes. I was really hoping it would stay at $99

I wouldn't go that far. I know a couple of them are decently far along, but only he knows his timeframe.