The meeting that used to be known as Jaguar Connexion, AC, was held in Congis, France last weekend. The event was great as usual and it's always fun to meet up in person with friends you maybe only get to see once every few years (hi GGN!). Reboot, U-235, CVSD, SCPCD Corp, Groovybee and many others were there tinkering away with their vintage hardware and one or two more modern devices ;-) Here's a video I took of the various machines, games and presentations from the event...

...and also a 2Mb Jaguar slideshow ROM of 640x480 photos (some mine, some borrowed form the links in the thread on Yaro):

Was also nice to personally place the Jagware Collection copies in the hands of some of the other contributors to the project. \o/

The theme for the speed coding competition was to make a retro/8-bit Baroudeur style game with multiple screens, collects, against the clock and with multiple endings and simple static screen gameplay. Linkovitch made a nice start on a game "Gaztee's Quest For The Golden Cucumber", Matmook's offering was an interesting and graphically pleasing platform adventure, CJ even produced a quick game while sat on the other side of the planet almost 12 hours out of sync with the rest of us, the first level having a cool scrolling dungeon that was only visible around the player (using a rmw object for lighting) - I think thi scould well form the basis for a decent little Jaguar game with a little thought and care. GGN and Ukko worked on a great little game for the Falcon that had the dungeon revealing as the player discovered more of the map, it also had an interesting Typing Of The Dead inspired monster chase level! Away from the stuff going on around me, other platforms such as the Intellivision (Groovybee), Wonder Swan Colour, Lynx (great stuff from Fadest!), Game Boy Advance and Colecovision saw entries. The results of the competition seemed a little surprising to some, including myself, but the point of the compo is never to "win" but to spend 24 hours or so arsing around making rubbish games you'll never finish :lol: Personally, for future AC events I'm definitely going to take a step away from the compo stuff and try to explore the event more, chat to my friends there a lot more, play more of the old machines and eat more pizza/baguettes/croissants :lolblue: 'cause I can stay at home and stick my head in my laptop producing utter garbage for a day without all the travelling either side :P

EDIT: D'oh! Forgot to mention, I demoed a few new Reboot games such as Full Circle: Rocketeer (late Beta version), a couple of complete mini games that will round out some re-release projects later in the year, some less complete mini games and also a few proof of concept type builds of various things we're worked on over the years. Lots of useful feedback there from those who saw and played.

EDIT 2: Also worth mentioning, two Jagwares had their birthdays around the time of AC and received some nice gifts - see if you can spot who in the slideshow ROM...

• Like 7