IGNORED

Donkey Kong Country for NES? Real?

Often bootlegs are pretty good. At the gaming classic here there was a vendor selling all kinds of custom bootleg NES carts. Metroid 2, Zelda 2, or my fave Super Mario 3 2. The quality was amazing. If I didnt know better I would have thought that they were real.

Edited by Dripfree

Often bootlegs are pretty good. At the gaming classic here there was a vendor selling all kinds of custom bootleg NES carts. Metroid 2, Zelda 2, or my fave Super Mario 3 2. The quality was amazing. If I didnt know better I would have thought that they were real.

Metroid 2 for NES? I can't seem to find any info on YouTube or even Google about this. It would be interesting to see. :)

Man, if anything can dull the glamor of DKC, it's seeing an 8-bit version of the game stripped down to its raw gameplay. I enjoy DKC well enough but it really is a pretty generic platformer. Notwithstanding, the bootleg appears to be a really good port.

I

Metroid 2 for NES? I can't seem to find any info on YouTube or even Google about this. It would be interesting to see. :)

It was not a port of the game boy game. It was more like a hacked NES Metroid with new maps that I think resembled Metroid 2. That's actually what all of this venders games were. They looked very good he had demos rolling but I did not buy any they were very pricy. They did look sweet though he had them in real cartridge cases and glossy custom labels that looked legit.

Edited by Dripfree

I think the DKC4 pirate for the NES looks pretty SWEET! I am going to have to try and find the rom to put on my Powerpak.

As mentioned above I would recommend buying the Powerpak and getting the 'Savestate" mappers. I love the NES Powerpak!

Does anyone have the DKC4 rom that works with the NES PowerPak? I found the rom with a Google search and put it on my PowerPak, but got a bad header error. I am guessing that the downloaded rom would work on an emulator, but needs modified to work on the PowerPak.