IGNORED

A great find in the wild-Playstation 1 games (complete)

What a find this weekend! My work hosts events around the area, and yesterday's was an electronic event. We go to some remote place, then take everyone's old electronics. Well, one woman came in with a box full of goodies. See the picture below.

post-440-0-16652600-1365939618_thumb.jpg

All in all, 16 complete Playstation 1 games! With the PS2 power cord that was in the box, I managed to get my old PS2 working again and played the hell out of Final Fantasy 7 (greatest hits collection).

GREAT score this weekend, and I thought I'd share it with all of you. :D

First of all, I went back through the forums to see where PS1 games were being posted....I saw them here and did the same. If there's a specific place (Moderators), can you move this post there?

For the question of price, I paid NOTHING for them. Absolutely zero. Our company takes electronics for FREE, so if we see something good, we can help ourselves to it. :D

Every once in awhile I find something worth grabbing at our events that we have. Everything from Commodore 64's to the old Mac "all in one" units come in once in a blue moon. Computer (my current desktop is from a customer drop off) towers, laptops, alienware...granted, most of the stuff is from the earlier period in electronic history, but once in awhile a great piece will come in, and we end up fighting over it.

So thank you for the heads up on the games, in particular Final Fantasy 7. In the box was another find: Donkey Kong Land 2. So I scored a game for my Gameboy Advance SP as well.

I was quite pleased with the selection. Unfortunately, my old PS1 (had a Diablo sticker on it) wasn't going to work. I'm glad the PS2 will play them...tried them all and they are all in GREAT shape. Someone really knew how to take care of their games...hardly a scratch on any one of them. It's good to see that there are those that prize their games enough to be careful with them...unlike my stepson, who loved to leave them out of their cases all around the place, label side down and a drink sitting on them as if they were a coaster. :(

I think I played Blazing Dragons once. No, twice, in my entire gaming career, but never really cared for it. :) Anyway, jhd, thank you for the information. I really don't know what's rare, common, or whatnot. I was mostly aiming for the FF7 game as I have tons of fond memories of playing it for hours and hours on end. It was probably my first biggest RPG gaming on the "next gen" consoles during that time period.

I was quite pleased with the selection. Unfortunately, my old PS1 (had a Diablo sticker on it) wasn't going to work. I'm glad the PS2 will play them...tried them all and they are all in GREAT shape. Someone really knew how to take care of their games...hardly a scratch on any one of them. It's good to see that there are those that prize their games enough to be careful with them...unlike my stepson, who loved to leave them out of their cases all around the place, label side down and a drink sitting on them as if they were a coaster. :(

You're lucky. All I ever seem to find is loose and filthy games at my local fleas and thrifts. Except, of course, those countless boxed copies of Madden and Tiger Woods. Yes, those are the ones they saved the cases for.

I found a few sports titles in the lot, but not many. It was "good stuff"...I'm not really into sports games. Never have been, probably just not my cup of tea. On a side not to this thread, I found (today) a Saturn console with all the hookups, but no games. It's pretty filthy, and needs a good cleaning, but I think it'll probably work. I just don't have any games to play on it.