IGNORED

Alien Inbound

GadgetUK

For example you cannot launch the life boat as 'Mother won't allow it' - what are the conditions, is it when so many are dead, do you have to set self destruct or something? Also, what's the story with Jones, why do you need him, is that in order you can launch the life boat - does it matter if Ripley is dead etc? Some of those things might have to evolve as I get more feedback and exposure to the original again.

I have no personal experience with the game, but the German C64 Wiki has a rather large article.

About the lifeboat, assuming it is what the article calls shuttle this is what it has to say:

-Jones has to be caught, either in the net or the cat box.

-The android has been identified and destroyed or sucked out into space from the upper deck

-only three people can be alive, the shuttle does not hold more

-no crew member has been prematurely put into hypersleep in the cryo vault

-the self-destruct sequence has been activated

-the Alien must not be in the shuttle, if it is you must lure it out first

Hope this helps. :)

• Like 1

I've added the options screen in properly and made sure all the options work - except for the last 2 options which I will need the new gfx for later, and any game changes I implement once i've finished the classic stuff.

There's a bit more to do than I thought to get this just right, I think mid week is optimistic but I reckon by weekend I might have something not far off the mark.

alien2.jpg

Edited by GadgetUK

I made the wrong Theme and don't have enough time to do the right one :mad:

Stupid Luchs, STUPID!STUPID! S T U P I D ! ! !

LOL, don't stress! If we cannot get the theme sounding like the original I guess we could use the version you did. It sounds great but I just wanted it to be as close to the C64 as possible. I've still yet to fathom how to get chipper music working =/

• Like 1

This is an awesome remix of the theme btw:-

I encourage anyone interested in retro gaming to check out all of Lukhash's music. I find it brilliant. You can download 5-6 albums for free at his website http://www.lukhash.com/ Follow the Download menu and choose Full Albums I've spent an amazing amount of hours listening to his music. Highly recommended!

• Like 2

OK, i've been pretty ill the last few days - right now I feel like I am dying... I've hardly touched it during the week, well not since Monday night when I was last well.

Please note this is NOT complete.

These are some of the things I will try and do over the weekend / next week, depending on healthP-

1) Android serves not real purpose atm, I will make him / her open airlock if more than one person is in the control room - so you dont know which did it. Make jones scared of the android, also allow android to turn rogue at some point in the count down so he starts attacking people, starting fires or setting self destruct / fight with other crew etc.

2) Cosmetics - a lot of crap visuals in there atm, allthough some are from original and wont chance in the standard mode - 108 may do enhanced gfx when I've finished. Thanks =)

3) Ending animations - ship exploding, arrive at earth etc - all possible as there's plenty of rom space yet left.

4) Some extras for enhanced mode - crew profiles etc.

5) Morale and hear beat indicator - not implemented yet, wil do that next.

6) And whilst code is there to handle vents ive had no time to rip the vent images yet.

7) Probably more stuff and bugs - my list is about 30 items long.... Oh, and change music - it's using a convenient one from Karris sample code atm.

8) EDIT: Sound effects to be added.

9) Final scoring at the end.

If anyone can tell me htf to export music in from Chipper, or modify the ASM to work with the CC65 comiler please let me know. I am clueless as to why none of the export methods work from Chipper despite having 'CC65' in the names etc.

Alien5.jpgAlien6.jpgAlien7.jpgAlien8.jpg

There are 3 versions as a few people have had v0.1 and v0.2 already, so class 0.1 and 0.2 as protos or something.

http://www.c5softwar...s/Alien0.1.zip

http://www.c5softwar...s/Alien0.2.zip

http://www.c5softwar...s/Alien0.3.zip

Please test what you can see there so far, try the different modes and difficulty and see if you can kill the alien via different methods and please report any bugs.

This has been one hell of a difficult learning curve by the way... I've ended up segmenting code as well as images and shifting init routines in and out of RAM to swap with game logic or main menu music etc etc.

EDIT: Balancing needs a lot of work btw - you may find it easy, or hard, depending on what you do.

The item in the first slot is the one you are 'using'. If you 'use' a consumable in slot one it will disappear. If you have tracker in slot 1 that should detect jones or alien i nearby room.

Depending on mode and difficulty things change, extra / more / less items, different weapon, different alien behaviour etc etc.

Edited by GadgetUK
  • Like 2

Net currently does damage btw. All weapons have to be in 'first slot' to have effect. The combat is real time, once you've chosen 'attack', if you pop the menu up again after the character finishes attacking the 'attack' option will be available again. You do not 'use' a weapon in order to hit, its a case of which ever item in is the 'left slot' - looking at icons on + mode, or as top menu item - that's what will be used when you attack.

It will at least look better than Alien: Colonial Marines.

I've not played that and i don't have a PS3 and I was hoping to see it on my Vita as well,just I've been hearing it is a disappoinment like MAG turned out to be. :( :( Pity too.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 turned out bad on PS3 and I thought the first PSP version was pretty nice to play really.I was really disappointed when they killed SW:TFU 2 for PSP just before the release date as I was really looking forward to it.

Edited by chris_lynx1989

Thank you :) :) Hope I can get this to work on the Flashcart

PS. Get well soon!

Thanks, got virus but ended up rushed to hospital last night as felt like heart attack =\. Worst experience ever, thought I was dying =(

ECG revealed heart fine and virus must be affecting it. Also got nitrate in urine and chest infection - had xray... At least i got anti biotics now .

Had no sleep in 24 hours, so it might be mid next week or next werkend before I can finish this.

Thanks, got virus but ended up rushed to hospital last night as felt like heart attack =\. Worst experience ever, thought I was dying =(

ECG revealed heart fine and virus must be affecting it. Also got nitrate in urine and chest infection - had xray... At least i got anti biotics now .

Had no sleep in 24 hours, so it might be mid next week or next werkend before I can finish this.

Yowser. Take a break. We can wait for this game. It's looking great. I had a very quick go on V3 on Handy last night but had no idea what I was doing. lol. I may have to check out a C64 gameplay video or perhaps someone can upload a Lynx one to give me an idea?
  • Like 1