IGNORED

Super Game Module second run

opcode

Second run update:

- 24 SGMs will ship by March 6th. Waiting for PSGs

- Remaining modules will ship in two months. I am contacting edge connector manufacturer about the special order. Connectors will be shipped directly to factory in China. I am using current rev to speed up manufacturing. PAL SCART will be dealt after that.

• Like 14

Second run update:

- Remaining modules will ship in two months. I am contacting edge connector manufacturer about the special order. Connectors will be shipped directly to factory in China. I am using current rev to speed up manufacturing. PAL SCART will be dealt after that.

Nice update. That's really all people around here really want. :)

If you're going to place a special order of female edge connectors, I wonder if other people would like to use this opportunity to order their own stash of these edge connectors. With a single order, the price per connector is bound to go down a little bit, not to mention the savings in shipping fees. Chances are these extra edge connectors will not be used for any project immediately, but they will be available once they are needed. So Eduardo, assuming there is interest in this, would you be interested in augmenting your order of female edge connectors?

• Like 4

Second run update:

Thank you for the update, Eduardo. To be clear, will all remaining modules definitely ship in two months?

i dont kwow why he refuse help from people here to finish the project..... it's not like the sgm is a top secret project and the world will end if someone else order parts or put the 2 screew to close the case..... at least he could release the files to diy if people want to try... like the cvkeyboard

or maybe he will sell the 150 sgm on ebay for big $$$ hope not

Like most engineers and programmers, he probably feels like it's his baby and I believe he got licensing to make it from the holders of the Colecovision trademark (correct me if I'm wrong). As a licensor I would be pretty upset that he could not deliver a product and take the license elsewhere like to Collector Vision and have them produce them because it would only help boost sales of their SGM games. That would be a pretty good business move.

Edited by Tron Unit

Second run update:

Thank you sir!

Like most engineers and programmers, he probably feels like it's his baby and I believe he got licensing to make it from the holders of the Colecovision trademark (correct me if I'm wrong). As a licensor I would be pretty upset that he could not deliver a product and take the license elsewhere like to Collector Vision and have them produce them because it would only help boost sales of their SGM games. That would be a pretty good business move.

yes but when you are 2 years late and people ask you can i help you with shipping or assembly they dont ask to take over your project but anyway seems that everything will be done in 2 months

go Ed go

Nice update. That's really all people around here really want. :)

If you're going to place a special order of female edge connectors, I wonder if other people would like to use this opportunity to order their own stash of these edge connectors. With a single order, the price per connector is bound to go down a little bit, not to mention the savings in shipping fees. Chances are these extra edge connectors will not be used for any project immediately, but they will be available once they are needed. So Eduardo, assuming there is interest in this, would you be interested in augmenting your order of female edge connectors?

those are good or not

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=130970283933

Well, the description says 60 pins (2 x 30 pins), but the pictures indicate 44 pins (2 x 22 pins) so based on that alone I'd be weary of buying from this seller. On the other hand, a lot of 100 such connectors at 72$ means 1.38$ per connector, which doesn't sound all that bad...

• Like 1

Well, the description says 60 pins (2 x 30 pins), but the pictures indicate 44 pins (2 x 22 pins) so based on that alone I'd be weary of buying from this seller. On the other hand, a lot of 100 such connectors at 72$ means 1.38$ per connector, which doesn't sound all that bad...

SGM uses: EDAC p/n 395-060-559-201

395 = black with .1 pin spacing

060 = 60 pin (2x30)

559 = right angle (.15 row spacing)

201 = without mounting tabs

Min order for EDAC is 25 if non stock part.

• Like 1

Second run update:

Hi Eduardo,

Great to hear your new update!!

Hope you still remember that I`m using a French Colecovision scart version overhere....

Regards

Hi Eduardo,

Great to hear your new update!!

Hope you still remember that I`m using a French Colecovision scart version overhere....

Regards

Héhé ! Yes, we are some here to wait the SGM for the French Scart version :)

I paid for 2 there are a few months (money sent the 30th of October, 2012) ^^

The day I'll receive my 2 SGM, I will be very very happy ;)

Edited by scalpel

Just contacted the first 17 buyers in my list. I have the modules ready to ship. 7 more should be ready next week, once the PSGs arrive.

Also liquidating all assets of the old Opcode. Prototype games going to eBay. Printed material for unsold games available for grab in large batches.

• Like 3