IGNORED

Super Game Module second run

opcode

A forum seniority never had a valid argument to shut-up. It is the most insulting thing that a new user can read.

I was registered here only because the juice2839 project was close to mine, no more, no less. Your ban only demonstrate your nervousness caused by my truth post.

Said the guy with only 5 posts and all of them on a very specific juice2839 thread... Sorry, I am not going to take the bait. To the ignore list you go...

• Like 1

Said the guy with only 5 posts and all of them on a very specific juice2839 thread... Sorry, I am not going to take the bait. To the ignore list you go my friend, whoever you really are...[/size]

You know, it is funny. Grazy, my wife, was reading the forums the other day, and she asked me why I post so much inside info about what I am doing. She said any inside info I post on an open forum can and will be used against me at some point. I argued that that was the whole point about forums, a place to be with friends and share experiences about something we are all passionate about.

This post got me to think that while I have no doubt I have lots of friends in here, I must now concede she has a point. I would say a lot of things to clarify this particular price matter, or about the plans for Opcode in general (and where the ColecoVision fits in it), or just about my personal life during the last couple of years. But as Grazy advised, the less I say the better. She is surely smarter than me... [/size]

I don't have anything more to add to this other than I agree 100%. And maybe don't worry so much about what other people post? As they say "obvious troll is obvious" so if something appears that way to you, it's probably appearing that way to other people as well. :)

• Like 3

Said the guy with only 5 posts and all of them on a very specific juice2839 thread... Sorry, I am not going to take the bait. To the ignore list you go my friend, whoever you really are...

You know, it is funny. Grazy, my wife, was reading the forums the other day, and she asked me why I post so much inside info about what I am doing. She said any inside info I post on an open forum can and will be used against me at some point. I argued that that was the whole point about forums, a place to be with friends and share experiences about something we are all passionate about.

This post got me to think that while I have no doubt I have lots of friends in here, I must now concede she has a point. I would say a lot of things to clarify this particular price matter, or about the plans for Opcode in general (and where the ColecoVision fits in it), or just about my personal life during the last couple of years. But as Grazy advised, the less I say the better. She is surely smarter than me...

Not sure what your insinuating, but I think he has a valid point. If you think it is some secret how you connected an 80;s sound chip and some ram to a Coleco (I am trying to hold in a laugh) your silly. I built one just by looking at mostly some code and the Adam. Also I'll release my schematic when I get a chance today to show how fairly simple this is to make and what parts are involved. I am glad to see that you've decided to try to fulfill your orders from 3 years ago now that you have some competition though.

• Like 1

I used to do online PR for a small company with a dedicated fanbase, and I quickly learned that there's an art to communicating with the fans. Someone out there will take anything you say in the worst possible way, someone out there will want to make trouble for no reason, and a lot of folks will be genuinely worried that their needs won't be met by the next product release. So you have to communicate, but Grazy's right that having a simple, clear message is best. At least, that was my experience. The more I explained or the more extraneous things I mentioned, the worse it was. (Of course, just using marketing speak and not really saying anything doesn't work with a dedicated fanbase, either. That's the art part: saying exactly the right things in exactly the right away to get the response you want, whatever that is.)

That makes perfect sense, thanks!

As for the 2nd run, things are progressing. Connectors sent to the PCB factory.

• Like 5

That makes perfect sense, thanks!

As for the 2nd run, things are progressing. Connectors sent to the PCB factory.

That is good news! I can't wait to receive the 2 SGM's I ordered, and I hope to develop a few original games on the Colecovision that will utilize the SGMs. I also have a working Adam computer, and so I also look forward to trying the SGM with that as well. It's been a long wait, but I am excited about it and look forward to being able to use these hopefully in the not very distant future. I feel like a kid anxiously counting the days until Christmas arrives! :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I am also in the second run. I have not bugged Opcode since purchased the SGM years ago (Not sure exactly it has been so long.) But he did email me last month to verify address for December release. (Fingers Crossed) I am confident I will have this soon but in the meantime maybe we can start a second run support group.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I Ordered and Payed for 2 SG M'S on the second run in December 2014.

I am in need of money at the present time, so I would like to offer my place in line for 2 SG M'S to anyone who would like it.

If you wood like to help me by buying my place in line for 2 SGM'S

I am asking $180 for the spot in line for the 2 SG M'S

PayPal to roncarl@aol.com

Thank You