IGNORED

Super Game Module second run

opcode

Jesus Christ he issued a threat towards Eduardo about having him shut down?

Seriously screw this cancer! I don't mean to be a loud mouth in all of this but its like Team Pixel Boy just said,he's trying to bring down the community by having OpCode closed down by Konami. WTF, what a destructive human being.

It is my theory tothemoon and juice are the same individual. The former is supposedly from France, but acts like juice's best buddy. Only posts in juice's threads or in threads juice posts, like this one. Very few posts, etc. We are investigating...

• Like 2

As for blocking games from running on juice's device, I will check. But I can think of a pretty annoying way to render any extensions useless, which would solve the problem of fragmentation. If you are planning to support the voice chip, please call me inbox and I will show you what we have in store..

• Like 1

Not sure how to take the SGM 2.0 announcement, honestly having no Opcode SGM games has been a real bummer for me all these years. You sold me on DK Arcade, I got my SGM's but that was it. Not saying the third party SGM games haven't been fun but the whole concept of having an enhancement for the Coleco actually see the light of day with better arcade quality games is what I was looking for. I was around and owned a Coleco when the original Coleco SGM mock up was shown at various electronic shows (I believe I saw it in person at the Nassau Coliseum show back in the day).

So while I've had the SGM since your first release, I haven't really had that much to play on it. I know you ran into issues with the pre-orders for your upcoming titles but I just really hope you can support the module with your own games, otherwise whats the point of an SGM 2.0?

I really would like to see a drop in replacement if the 2.0 motherboard matches the 1.0 case specs, rather than have to buy a whole new SGM. Making a version without the box to keep the cost down as opposed to just a board swap and label might work for you, but not so sure about me and some others. I like the idea chart45 proposed, and I hope as things progress you would keep this idea on the back burner and possibly reconsider for those of us that have an SGM or two already.

Thanks for listening Eduardo, keep up the good work.

Thanks for sharing. Believe me, I totally understand your concern. However a drop in replacement isn't an option because there wouldn't be any significant savings, in fact it could be actually more expensive to upgrade than to buy a brand new module. We could save a case and perhaps a PSG, both combined are like $2 in value. There is nothing else you can salvage from the old module. On the other hand there would be shipping expenses.

But we are discussing a few other options to offer some sort of upgrade path for those who got the SGM 1.

As for our upcoming games, they are still coming, still on schedule, and we will have an announcement about that soon. But the bottom line is that you will still be able to use PayPal to pay and such...

• Like 3

Okay, so this community didn't greet you with open arms and now your goal is to destroy it? There aren't that many publishers of homebrew ColecoVision games, and there will be even less once I retire in the second half of this year. If your actions help nail Opcode Games to the wall, it's a fair certainty that CollectorVision will also immediately stop their ColecoVision publishing activities just to step away from this mess.Please realize that this community is small, and that most people today don't even know what a ColecoVision is. Guys like me don't make a profit from releasing these games, whether they are ports or games coded from scratch. This is just a fun hobby for us. Please don't ruin it for everybody.

I couldn't say it better!

amen

• Like 6

Okay, so this community didn't greet you with open arms and now your goal is to destroy it? There aren't that many publishers of homebrew ColecoVision games, and there will be even less once I retire in the second half of this year. If your actions help nail Opcode Games to the wall, it's a fair certainty that CollectorVision will also immediately stop their ColecoVision publishing activities just to step away from this mess.

Please realize that this community is small, and that most people today don't even know what a ColecoVision is. Guys like me don't make a profit from releasing these games, whether they are ports or games coded from scratch. This is just a fun hobby for us. Please don't ruin it for everybody.

I couldn't say it better!

amen

Thank you guys for the support!

Ok, so I have read all the posts and I noted all your suggestions down. After all this mess (that fortunately has been already sorted out) Opcode just go stronger than ever with your support.
Yes, Opcode hasn't make games for the Super Game Module (the one and only!) yet but things are about to change. I joined the team and Ed and I have been working hard since the end of last year to revive Opcode and I believe that we are getting there. We said 2016 would be about the GAMES, we just got back to work and already put 3 f*ing awesome games for pre-order and you saw how fast they sold out, a complete success! That is what happens when you put together integrity+hard work+a big brain+me. LOL . JK about me... :P
What's gonna happen now is that we will take a break to evaluate the suggestions considering existing conditions, to find the best way to proceed regarding the SGM 2.0. So we will take the weekend to discuss a lot about everything that happened during the past few days.
About the timing of the announcement, I don’t think it was a bad time, we just considered that it wouldn’t be fair to announce a 3rd run of SGM 1.0, people buy it, and then 3 months later I announce the SGM 2.0. This is NOT the way I work, I prefer to be as fair as possible. So I HAD to announce of the SGM 2.0 before I would have liked to.
Well, that's it. We will take a break to think about what you said, and as soon as we have a final decision we will post here. ;)
  • Like 6

Just wanted to say to Opcode and Grazy.. I and I am sure many others here are just thankful and honored that you made the sgm and got the support of games for it. No matter what bumps in the road, you will always have a fanbase that will support you all no matter what comes along. Keep up the great innovations and I look forward to continuing to buy the many more perfect versions of my childhood memories..Ha ha..

Edited by imstarryeyed
  • Like 3

Thank you, imstarryeyed.

I have been hearing whispers from the underworld so I would like to clarify a few points:

1) Someone suggesting our license from Coleco isn't real. Yes, it is, from March 20th 2010. I have that in front of me. And of course I have been in touch with Mark for many years now, so don't even try to challenge me on that.

2) Threatenings of pirating games that block unofficial clones of the SGM: You can bet all games made/ported by me, which right now accounts for probably about 70% of all SGM games, will do that. If you are getting a clone you should know that most if not all upcoming SGM games won't run on an unofficial SGMs. We don't want to punish the CV community for that, but truth is, Opcode Games created the SGM, with support from Team Pixelboy and CollectorVision. The games were created to run on original hardware and we reserve the rights to control the platform. No one is allowed to take commercial advantage of it or fragment the platform by adding nonofficial features to the hardware. Finally, for those who were looking forward for a voice chip, I will say that the wait for the SGM2 will be well worth and hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised in just a couple of months.

• Like 11

Thank you, imstarryeyed.

I have been hearing whispers from the underworld so I would like to clarify a few points:

1) Someone suggesting our license from Coleco isn't real. Yes, it is, from March 20th 2010. I have that in front of me. And of course I have been in touch with Mark for many years now, so don't even try to challenge me on that.

2) Threatenings of pirating games that block unofficial clones of the SGM: You can bet all games made/ported by me, which right now accounts for probably about 70% of all SGM games, will do that. If you are getting a clone you should know that most if not all upcoming SGM games won't run on an unofficial SGMs. We don't want to punish the CV community for that, but truth is, Opcode Games created the SGM, with support from Team Pixelboy and CollectorVision. The games were created to run on original hardware and we reserve the rights to control the platform. No one is allowed to take commercial advantage of it or fragment the platform by adding nonofficial features to the hardware. Finally, for those who were looking forward for a voice chip, I will say that the wait for the SGM2 will be well worth and hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised in just a couple of months.

Should be easy enough to add a DRM routine to our games

Ah, and those who think your Coleco Liscence isn't real ....lol

Well, they should definitely believe it

We're in talks with River West Brands to get a liscence for the Coleco Book

In fact, I'm going to speak with Chris at River West this very Monday

• Like 3

Professionally assembled boards, created on a real factory. Hand soldering stuff isn't reliable and can damage or reduce the lifespan of components. And of course a real SGM plastic case, full color silver offset printed box and manual. A real Coleco license. All of that for $90. And you are buying and supporting the original creators... Big difference IMHO. It takes time (manufacturing started back in October), but I believe the final result product is well worth the wait.

post-1432-0-84646900-1454173007_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Even though I already have an SGM, I am super psyched to see this because it means more will be getting out there for other people to use and support the publishers that have made games for it. Oh, and I'm not sure if you have a way to do this in your order list, but feel free to put me at the end of the shipping list for the 2nd run since I already have an SGM. I'd much rather see those that don't already have a unit get one before me.

• Like 3

Real Hardware is worth the wait! Good to see they'll be ready to go soon! Absolutely beautiful. :thumbsup:

Professionally assembled boards, created on a real factory. Hand soldering stuff isn't reliable and can damage or reduce the lifespan of components. And of course a real SGM plastic case, full color silver offset printed box and manual. A real Coleco license. All of that for $90. And you are buying and supporting the original creators... Big difference IMHO. It takes time (manufacturing started back in October), but I believe the final result product is well worth the wait.

• Like 1

I will reply to chart45 here:

its all about the number of user of that old colecovision... you publish your own game so you know the fan base... if two people sell the same thing you devide the market by 2 and its not worth the effort to build the device.... but the big fight its not about the speech chip its about the sgm if the device only give speech no fight no complain.... but you cant add a speech chip to the sgm since you need the exp port too so the speech chip as to be with the ay chip to work at that point put the ram extra ram too.....

if all those guys can put the rage againts each other away and work togheter imagine the device we could get as a colecovision fan....

First of all, his clone didn't start because of a voice chip. That was an afterthought whose only purpose was so he could say, "hey my clone can also do this" and sell more clones.

Secondly, I don't think we could work together, because we clearly have different views of things, and I will just say I am not here to make a quick buck and say everybody else they can go screw themselves, because if that was the case, man, life would be a lot easier for me... I and Grazi wouldn't be spending dozens of hours on something as simple as a f*** game box template. We could use a plain Uline box and call it a day...

• Like 2