IGNORED

Super Game Module second run

opcode

Hey opcode, is there any chance that instead of creating a SGM 2.0 you could make a SGM 1.5? So instead of everyone possibly buying a 2.0 you could have something that fits between the CV and the SGM 1.0? That way it could use what's on the SGM, but add addition components? Just a thought, maybe not possible since the SGM1.0 wasn't designed originally to do something like this.

Hey opcode, is there any chance that instead of creating a SGM 2.0 you could make a SGM 1.5? So instead of everyone possibly buying a 2.0 you could have something that fits between the CV and the SGM 1.0? That way it could use what's on the SGM, but add addition components? Just a thought, maybe not possible since the SGM1.0 wasn't designed originally to do something like this.

Problem with that is a suitable casing. We are doing something that we think is a good compromise.

• Like 1

I'm VERY excited to get a SGM from this batch. I'm fairly new to this forum but not to Colecovision. Having first owned mine when I was 10 in 1983, I feel now as I did then. Excited to see what's coming out next and also excited to be purchasing and playing the new games coming out. OpCode, Collectorvision and Pixelboy (and the others) have and will continue to have my business.

So thank you Eduardo for first, creating an official product that enhances everyone's Colecovision experience. And also for creating what I consider absolutely amazing games that take full advantage of the Colecovision and the SGM. The quality and passion in all of the products are very apparent from packaging to actual content.

The Colecovision community is lucky I feel to have individuals take the time to create and distribute these items so that we can keep our passion alive for the considerable future and I hope that aside from any negative shit, you keep pressing forward with your plans because the majority of us will be right here with you.

• Like 7

I'm VERY excited to get a SGM from this batch. I'm fairly new to this forum but not to Colecovision. Having first owned mine when I was 10 in 1983, I feel now as I did then. Excited to see what's coming out next and also excited to be purchasing and playing the new games coming out. OpCode, Collectorvision and Pixelboy (and the others) have and will continue to have my business.

So thank you Eduardo for first, creating an official product that enhances everyone's Colecovision experience. And also for creating what I consider absolutely amazing games that take full advantage of the Colecovision and the SGM. The quality and passion in all of the products are very apparent from packaging to actual content.

The Colecovision community is lucky I feel to have individuals take the time to create and distribute these items so that we can keep our passion alive for the considerable future and I hope that aside from any negative shit, you keep pressing forward with your plans because the majority of us will be right here with you.

First of all, thank you sir. It is always rewarding to know we seem to be doing something right. I was 12 in 1983, so I totally understand your passion. Grazi is way younger, so she wasn't lucky enough to be around when the CV came out, but hey, in our case that is a good thing, because most of the time she can be more rational regarding CV stuff than me, and things have been working better with her, but I digress...

But yes, even if I keep taking breaks to come here check, I am working on CV stuff as we speak. Being around for so long, you just get used on how things operate in forums... ;)

• Like 1

I will reply to chart45 here:

First of all, his clone didn't start because of a voice chip. That was an afterthought whose only purpose was so he could say, "hey my clone can also do this" and sell more clones.

Secondly, I don't think we could work together, because we clearly have different views of things, and I will just say I am not here to make a quick buck and say everybody else they can go screw themselves, because if that was the case, man, life would be a lot easier for me... I and Grazi wouldn't be spending dozens of hours on something as simple as a f*** game box template. We could use a plain Uline box and call it a day...

dont be mad at me i dont want to piss you or anybody i just said if everybody work together instead of against each other we could get a lot of new stuff for our colecovision.... im pretty sure nobody do colecovision stuff thinking his gonna make a shit load of money..., your sgm will always be the real one and only one branded...

i bought to date 3 sgm from you and i never complain waiting i preoder your 3 new game i bought all games from collectorvision and team pixelboy i try to give to everybody that make project for the colecovision.... and i dont approve how juice talk shit here and how he manage to fight everybody....in every thread on aa but i cant do nothing about it Albert have this power....

since you sell 400 of the sgm 1 and will sell 200 of the sgm 2 with your oki chip.... in what probably one day or 2 since you make the game that goes with the sgm...why are you wasting time with the clone of sgm....

if i piss younor anybody here its probably because my english is very bad so pm me and we will talk about it in private

dont be mad at me i dont want to piss you or anybody i just said if everybody work together instead of against each other we could get a lot of new stuff for our colecovision.... im pretty sure nobody do colecovision stuff thinking his gonna make a shit load of money..., your sgm will always be the real one and only one branded...

i bought to date 3 sgm from you and i never complain waiting i preoder your 3 new game i bought all games from collectorvision and team pixelboy i try to give to everybody that make project for the colecovision.... and i dont approve how juice talk shit here and how he manage to fight everybody....in every thread on aa but i cant do nothing about it Albert have this power....

since you sell 400 of the sgm 1 and will sell 200 of the sgm 2 with your oki chip.... in what probably one day or 2 since you make the game that goes with the sgm...why are you wasting time with the clone of sgm....

if i piss younor anybody here its probably because my english is very bad so pm me and we will talk about it in private

Hey, no worries. I am no mad at all. I just wanted to point out the clone wasn't created because someone wanted to add a voice chip.

For about 3 months I have seen that guy badmouthing me in every possible occasion. Fair enough, I went MIA and I had nothing but promises to show since I came back.

Well, now the boards are here. So it is my turn I guess. Everybody is free to support whoever they want. But I will say this: the sgm is my baby, I created it. It isn't public domain. This guy created a clone because there was an opportunity to make money out of that. He badmouth me since I came back so that he could keep making money. He never tried to help anyone. And now that he is in risk of loosing his piece of the action, he is threatening to pirate and shutdown the whole cv home brew community.

For $90 you get a clone that is hand assembled, has no box or case. For the same $90 you can get the original thing, professionally assembled, with proper casing and packaging. Not to mention you are paying an extra $30 or $40 just to get a voice chip that has no actual game support so far.

Juice suggested you a kind of bet this morning, one he already lost, since he said we wouldn't ship the SGM within a month. I will propose a different deal though. Wait until we show you the SGM 2 in a couple of months, and if we don't do so, or you aren't impressed by what you see, go ahead and get the clone with voice chip.

I am confident you will be surprised. And in the process you don't help fragment our already small user base.

• Like 5

.... And now that he is in risk of loosing his piece of the action, he is threatening to pirate and shutdown the whole cv home brew community.

Wich to me proves this guy is not in the scene for the good reason!

You just can't enter a scene and start cloning others' stuff

Go in any other scene you've not been yet, and start bashing others and clone their stuff to see how this scene would react, just try.....

The guy should simply understand the situation, step back and spend his ''precious'' time on ''maybe'' another project the CV community needs instead

At least, that would make more sense!

I'll like to see newcomers to the scene who are doing new stuff for the community .... but hey! it has to be something that are not still being made!

• Like 9

this just suposition of my part but if the sgm 2 use the oki chip... voice use wav sampling ? if the wav file is like 60k when you put in the game how much space will it take... will game using voice on the sgm 2 will use megacart only...

i just look at the back in the sem thread to see what we could get

Expansion module to be plugged in the CV expansion port.

- 24kB of expanded RAM (allows for more advanced games)

- 32kB of Save RAM (non-volatile memory to save any game data, like high scores, save points, etc)

- 128kB of MegaRAM (allows even more advanced games, MSX MegaROM games)

- 128kB of flash BIOS (includes the old BIOS, new BIOS for supporting the new devices, GUI)

- General Instruments sound generator AY-3-8910 (3 extra sound channels, envelopes, no frequency limitations)

- Expansion Parallel interface (to connect new types of devices, special controllers, CV-2-CV, etc)

- 3 programmable push buttons (Pause, call GUI and a 3rd button not defined yet)

- Flash BIOS includes user interface for settings, save data management, and more. BIOS can be updated.

- Power LED indicator

- Donkey Kong Arcade/XPanded game cartridge

- 128kB version of the arcade game

- Persistent High Score table

- Sound uses the GI AY-3-8910 sound chip, and possibly the Oki sound chip too, in case it is included

- Donkey Kong Arcade/XPanded manual

- Module manual

What isn't 100% decided/defined yet, though chances are pretty good:

- Oki ADPCM sound chip (voice and sampled sound during gameplay) (90%+ plus change of being included)

- Module custom plastic case (matches the CV design)

Edited by chart45

Got my email also. Eduardo and Gracie thanks for making this all happen.

Its a huge undertaking to deal with delays, emails, preorders, and finally ship out so many SGMs.

Plus develop games for the community as well. Thanks for all that you do.

• Like 3