IGNORED

Super Game Module second run

opcode

Hi,

Ok, so let's see:

1) About any pending SGM from 2nd run. We just got a new batch of SGMs and we will be shipping any pending order shortly, surely before the end of this year.

2) As for contacts, I didn't receive anything. Please try to use our support email: support @ opcodegames.com

3) We will also be shipping the new nameplates for those who got paper nameplates

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I sent a private message regarding this issue but no reply. I have not received my entire order yet. I am still waiting to receive part of my order which contained the second run of Coleco Supergame modules plus I have not received any new name plates yet.

I know Opcode is busy, however I thought the $90 Supergame module has been discontinued now since its listed as being completely sold out.

In the Summer of 2017 the new Supergame module Pro for $120 is suppose to be released.

Edited by HDTV1080P

I sent a private message regarding this issue but no reply. I have not received my entire order yet. I am still waiting to receive part of my order which contained the second run of Coleco Supergame modules plus I have not received any new name plates yet.

I know Opcode is busy, however I thought the $90 Supergame module has been discontinued now since its listed as being completely sold out.

In the Summer of 2017 the new Supergame module Pro for $120 is suppose to be released.

They (OpCode) also stated recently that SGMPro is a no go, and they would focus on a new console that can play many CV games.

So maybe there's gonna be one more run of SGM normal, you never know.

Here's the announcement:

Massachusetts, USA – February 10, 2017 – We have been receiving a lot of feedback since we announced the Super Game Module Pro back in January 1st, and based on that we decided to change our plans accordingly:

1) The SGM Pro is now indefinitely on hold.

2) Instead the sound subsystem we created was transferred to Project Prometheus, a new super 8-bit console coming from Opcode Games, and it will be fully backward compatible with the ColecoVision and the Super Game Module.

It wasn’t an easy decision, but let me give you a little background so you can better understand why we changed our plans. We started developing the SGM Pro back in early 2016. The board (PCB) was created way back in March, we even printed the boxes and stocked the clear black cases. That was a considerable investment in time and money we already made. However later in 2016, the opportunity for Project Prometheus arose, the perfect conjunction of many happy factors. Add to that the aforementioned feedback we got where: 1) people were frustrated by a new version of the SGM and the confusion it may cause, 2) people were really looking for a new ColecoVision compatible console. In the end of the day it became clear we had too many hardware products planned, and the SGM Pro was looking more and more like the Sega 32X of the ColecoVision line. So we made the hard decision of pulling the plug on the SGM Pro, even though that represents quite a financial hit to us in terms of inventory. On the other hand we believe Project Prometheus will better provide what ColecoVision and retro gaming general community alike are looking for.

And what about the regular Super Game Module? Well, that is the good news. Pre-orders for the 4th run will start in just a couple of week. Same deluxe packaging as the previous run at the same $90 price. Moreover, all games you saw during the SGM Pro presentation are still coming for the regular SGM.

More details about Project Prometheus will be revealed later this year. However please notice we aren’t realistically expecting to release Project Prometheus until late 2018.

Grazi and Ed.

• 2 weeks later...

Your remaining SGMs were shipped, along with the replacement nameplates.:)

• Like 1

Thank you very much OPCODE. My large order I pre-paid for back in early 2013, I received most of the order in early 2016 and the remainder of the order in early 2017. It took around 4 years to receive my order but I finally did receive the entire order.

OPCODE games is a little slow, however they do make high quality products for the ColecoVision/ADAM, and they do deliver peoples entire orders, one just needs to wait a long time to receive it. I would recommend people order from OPCODE games since they develop unique quality products that cannot be found anywhere else.

If OPCODE games would just improve their speed of delivery and offer faster communication in the future, then OPCODE games would be a perfect company to order from.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...