IGNORED

Super Game Module second run

opcode

the only thing we all forgot its the deal that ed made with coleco maybe he cant sell with out box or theres a maximum units only him knows

a deal was made to to add new features to a now long obsolete games console that should all be dead now due to poor manufacturing that only fans now care about ????

ok if you say so

Let's do this, once we start shipping the 2nd run, we will open a 3rd run pre-order. There will be no wait like last time. And of course I will take care of the French SCART version. However we will need to find ways to circumvent the Paypal $20k/year limit, or raise prices to compensate for taxes.

• Like 2

You could sell it thru Square up's online store and mark the price up 2.75% to cover the fee's.

Man, thank you so much for the info. I am surely going to check this. The problem isn't the fees, it is the federal taxes. Once you go over $20k with Paypal, you start paying taxes, and I made some simulations, and taxes can be as high as almost 50% of everything, due to my income.

• 2 weeks later...

Could your wife open a PayPal account and you could split the orders between the two?

Let's do this, once we start shipping the 2nd run, we will open a 3rd run pre-order. There will be no wait like last time. And of course I will take care of the French SCART version. However we will need to find ways to circumvent the Paypal $20k/year limit, or raise prices to compensate for taxes.

So, most likely..no

If it happens, it is going to be really close. I just sent an email to the connector manufacturer. As soon as I get an answer from them, I will post here. But anyways, what is delaying us this time is the connector. As I explained, this connector is a special order, custom made. Once the connector is done, it will be shipped directly to the PCB factory in China, and once the PCB is done, it will be shipped to me. Then it will be just a matter of assembling the PCBs inside the cases, put everything in boxes and ship to pre-orders.

• Like 2

i just want to know if you got my email about me address change.

I've emailed but you won't let me know if you have noted the change so i get the SGM

when you ship it.

marci or marcia kelly

Please send email again. I couldn't find any email with your info here.

Raise prices ? :lolblue:

A solution to not reach the 20K/year limit is to sell it cheaper and reduce your huge PCB margin.

I have built my own SGM for 9$... OK, I don't have the beautifull box around... :P

However we will need to find ways to circumvent the Paypal $20k/year limit, or raise prices to compensate for taxes.

Edited by TotOOntHeMooN

Raise prices ? :lolblue:

A solution to not reach the 20K/year limit is to sell it cheaper and reduce your huge PCB margin.

I have built my own SGM for 9$... OK, I don't have the beautifull box around... :P

Said the guy with only 5 posts and all of them on a very specific juice2839 thread... Sorry, I am not going to take the bait. To the ignore list you go my friend, whoever you really are...

You know, it is funny. Grazy, my wife, was reading the forums the other day, and she asked me why I post so much inside info about what I am doing. She said any inside info I post on an open forum can and will be used against me at some point. I argued that that was the whole point about forums, a place to be with friends and share experiences about something we are all passionate about.

This post got me to think that while I have no doubt I have lots of friends in here, I must now concede she has a point. I would say a lot of things to clarify this particular price matter, or about the plans for Opcode in general (and where the ColecoVision fits in it), or just about my personal life during the last couple of years. But as Grazy advised, the less I say the better. She is surely smarter than me...

• Like 5

This post got me to think that while I have no doubt I have lots of friends in here, I must now concede she has a point. I would say a lot of things to clarify this particular price matter, or about the plans for Opcode in general (and where the ColecoVision fits in it), or just about my personal life during the last couple of years. But as Grazy advised, the less I say the better. She is surely smarter than me...

I used to do online PR for a small company with a dedicated fanbase, and I quickly learned that there's an art to communicating with the fans. Someone out there will take anything you say in the worst possible way, someone out there will want to make trouble for no reason, and a lot of folks will be genuinely worried that their needs won't be met by the next product release. So you have to communicate, but Grazy's right that having a simple, clear message is best. At least, that was my experience. The more I explained or the more extraneous things I mentioned, the worse it was. (Of course, just using marketing speak and not really saying anything doesn't work with a dedicated fanbase, either. That's the art part: saying exactly the right things in exactly the right away to get the response you want, whatever that is.)

• Like 3

I used to do online PR for a small company with a dedicated fanbase, and I quickly learned that there's an art to communicating with the fans. Someone out there will take anything you say in the worst possible way, someone out there will want to make trouble for no reason, and a lot of folks will be genuinely worried that their needs won't be met by the next product release. So you have to communicate, but Grazy's right that having a simple, clear message is best. At least, that was my experience. The more I explained or the more extraneous things I mentioned, the worse it was. (Of course, just using marketing speak and not really saying anything doesn't work with a dedicated fanbase, either. That's the art part: saying exactly the right things in exactly the right away to get the response you want, whatever that is.)

That's an "art" I try to practice in my Team Pixelboy News Bulletins. If there's going to be a delay, I say so, and I try to explain the problems I run into without going into too much detail. Most of the time, people understand and I just try to give them a rough idea of the revised release date, when I can. There are several things I can't really control, but when things eventually come together, I try to push the finalized game out the door on schedule as much as possible.

• Like 4