IGNORED

Super Game Module second run

opcode

What about 3rd run? I am at the site but I think it is broken or otherwise not compatible with Chrome browser. When I click on "visit page" button when the image of SGM comes up with 3rd run coming soon, it leads to http://opcodegames.com/#and nothing else is shown.

Please subscribe to the newsletter and use the Contact Us link to request to be added to the waiting list. The first SGM2 board is coming.

• Like 2

will you use the same list as the sgm or we need to subscribe to another list for the sgm2

Same list. If you subscribed to the newsletter, you will be notified. Just make sure you add info@opcodegames.com to your contacts, so our newsletters don't go to the spam box. :)

if there is speech support in the SGM2 could we get a c library to access it? Thanks

I'm speculating I have no idea if it does or not...but if it does then I would add optional voice to my project to support it.

Please subscribe to the newsletter and use the Contact Us link to request to be added to the waiting list. The first SGM2 board is coming.

We haven't started shipping yet. China just had a two weeks long national holiday (Chinese new year) and that delayed the PSGs. We should start shipping in the first or second week of March. The idea is to ship all modules quickly, as I need to travel to Brazil in late March.

• Like 1

We haven't started shipping yet. China just had a two weeks long national holiday (Chinese new year) and that delayed the PSGs. We should start shipping in the first or second week of March. The idea is to ship all modules quickly, as I need to travel to Brazil in late March.

Thanks Eduardo and thank you for making these! I also very much appreciate the direction of Opcode, it's really exciting!!

• Like 1

Is Penguin Adventure still shipping in April then ?

Why China? In USA people have to work Christmas eve and Christmas day as well as Thanksgiving day. And some employee do risk getting fired if they tried to refuse to work on major holiday. In China, they would rather take 2 weeks off than to keep business running.

I'm going to assume you have never been to China and know little about their culture. As someone who has spent a good deal of time there and working with companies in China, I can tell you that they work an insane amount of hours, in not the greatest of conditions, for wages that are next to nothing. The time off they have for Chinese New Year, which is a national period of holiday is pretty much the ONLY time some workers get to take off during the year, including weekends.

Spend a few months over there and you might change your tune.

Oh, and to answer "Why China?" I will ask you "Do you want to pay double?"

Just my two cents...

• Like 3

I'm going to assume you have never been to China and know little about their culture. As someone who has spent a good deal of time there and working with companies in China, I can tell you that they work an insane amount of hours, in not the greatest of conditions, for wages that are next to nothing. The time off they have for Chinese New Year, which is a national period of holiday is pretty much the ONLY time some workers get to take off during the year, including weekends.

Spend a few months over their and you might change your tune.

Just my two cents...

Yup, that pretty much sums it up.

• Like 1

Well yeah never been to China or anywhere outside North America. You make it sound like they work a lot more hours than American, like Chinese have shit labor law. So it would make sense they would enjoy 2 weeks vacation.

The average Chinese worker in 2014 made $170 per week and they work probably twice as many hours as your average US worker. Remember, it's a Communist country. If you've never been outside of North America, China is like nothing you can even imagine.

The average Chinese worker in 2014 made $170 per week and they work probably twice as many hours as your average US worker. Remember, it's a Communist country. If you've never been outside of North America, China is like nothing you can even imagine.

China changed a lot these last years. But they are still far from our standards. And of course it is not the entire country that changed mainly the big cities

Personally i would prefer to pay the double and have something made in my country. But paradoxaly , i was looking for somebody to produce me some PCB recently , i wanted to be French made... i did not find professionals to do my PCB in France. They were all outsourced the production to china!. It is really pity.:(

• Like 1

China changed a lot these last years. But they are still far from our standards. And of course it is not the entire country that changed mainly the big cities

I've been working with/traveling to China regularly from 2008 - present. I haven't seen much change in the last 8 years. How often do you visit?

I've been working with/traveling to China regularly from 2008 - present. I haven't seen much change in the last 8 years. How often do you visit?

I never went to china personnally , but i work with them since 2004 now and meet my chinese colleagues regulary and they said me for them lot of thing changed. At least for our colleagues life becomes lot of more confortable and the country is more "open" ( ok... relativly... but there is lot of progress considering from where they started...)

China has been changing, the workers are getting paid more and getting more time off. The famous iPhone suicides kind of got the ball rolling on that....

http://www.wired.com/2011/02/ff_joelinchina/

There are better links you can find but things are changing beyond just putting nets up so the workers literally can not commit suicide at work, lol

• 2 weeks later...

China has been changing, the workers are getting paid more and getting more time off. The famous iPhone suicides kind of got the ball rolling on that....

http://www.wired.com/2011/02/ff_joelinchina/

There are better links you can find but things are changing beyond just putting nets up so the workers literally can not commit suicide at work, lol

I know there are a lot of articles out there and there have been some changes to the way China does some things. But I'm also going to assume that the people who are making these posts are not frequently traveling to China and seeing things with their own eyes, have colleagues who have either been sent to work in China, or have been raised and worked there, and still cannot wait to get out, and as recently as last month.

I agree things have appeared to some to have changed, and maybe some things HAVE in some sectors, but all you need to do is take a trip or two over there, not as a tourist, and you'll see that it's still a fairly miserable and unfortunate lifestyle. You also have to remember that China is a communist country, and I have seen many examples of where they try to "cover things up" to make it look like something is not as bad as it seems. They are famous for doing this.

To give you an example, one of the roller coasters recently built, many of the construction crew LIVED on site at the ride. In small tents (some with only a blanket) with living conditions that would make most New York City homeless go "damn, you guys got it rough!" They lived there because they had to get it built in an incredibly ridiculous time-frame under conditions that would have most Westerners completely SHOCKED at. When you see literal blood, sweat, and tears being put into work by these individuals, and you watch people who are being berated by their superiors at full volume screaming because after 18 hours of work and being tired they aren't doing as good of a job. Yeah, those mental images stick with you forever.

I've also seen examples where they have had thousands of people work around the clock on giant residential and retail projects building huge high-rise apartment buildings which never get occupied by any residents or retail shops just to "keep people busy." And they have slaved for months of their life for something that is completely pointless and never gets used.

From a tourist point of view, China is an interesting, fascinating country to visit. To a Westerner who would have to live and work under their day-to-day conditions and government, It's a horrific place. Not "North Korea" style of horrific, that's another level all together. But even still, none of us would ever last there.

I speak from my personal first-hand experience, not from things I read on the internet.

EDIT: I've been to these places: http://www.theplaidzebra.com/ghost-city-china/

It's frightening! Here's a picture I took on one of my visits. See those buildings? Yeah. Nobody lives in them.

IMG_5751.JPG