IGNORED

Ultimate PC Interface back in stock - Intellivision - Atari - Colecovision

Rev

Can I plug original cartridges in this to play it on the TV, or is it neccesary to load ROMs from the Internet?

Hmm... Ignorama, it's not a multi-cart. It's an interface to plug in detachable controllers into your PC so that you may play them using an emulator. You will need to configure your emulator to receive input from the USB device.

-dZ.

Can I plug original cartridges in this to play it on the TV, or is it neccesary to load ROMs from the Internet?

Its a device that allows you to plug Inty controllers into your PC using USB. It means you get to use a real controller to play your ROMs in your favourite Inty emulator(s).

I know its no multicart, but I thought it may works like a Retrode, which allows to plug cartridges and controllers to the PC. If I understand it right this interface is the same like the retrode, except it dont support original cartridges.

If someone dont know the retrode, its that beauty: https://www.retrode.com/?lang=de

I wish there is a system like that for every console.

Edit: Thank you, now I understand.

Edited by Ignorama

I know its no multicart, but I thought it may works like a Retrode, which allows to plug cartridges and controllers to the PC. If I understand it right this interface is the same like the retrode, except it dont support original cartridges.

If someone dont know the retrode, its that beauty: https://www.retrode.com/?lang=de

I wish there is a system like that for every console.

Edit: Thank you, now I understand.

Nice device! I wonder if Groovy or Joe would be interested in producing something like that for the Intellivision? It'll be awesome, to be able to play your own cartridges. Include a port for the controllers and it'll definitely be THE. ULTIMATE. PC. INTERFACE.

-dZ.

Yes, the Retrode is awesome and there are some add ons for Master System and Game Boy. Maybe Groovy or Joe dont need to develope a complete "Retrode" system, but a attachment for this system.

But I guess its a bit unfair to ask for such development, its difficult and time-consuming for sure. :lol:

Edited by Ignorama

The retrode makes the contents of the cart appear as a file on a USB removable drive. Then you point your emulator at the drive and it loads the game in like it would any other ROM image.

Its not difficult to do given the size of the Inty library. It'd be an interesting side project for somebody to do (not me).

I'm considering getting one of these, as well. Is the difference between this and the Vision-dapter just support for the oddball devices such as the synth keyboard? Does the Vision-dapter work as well? I'm just wondering since I doubt I will be hooking up something besides a controller, so the half priced option is looking better for me.

I have ben in the fence for this as well. In addition to not currently having a CC3 to play ROMs on, the ability to use the ECS/Synthesizer is s big selling point for me. I'd love to use the synth for music writing/recording through my PC.

Hop off the fence... I take it with me when I travel, I love playing my D2K anywhere I want :D