IGNORED

Dead Intellivision Repairable?

I recently picked up a nice, early original Intellivision with its matching box (the variant with the Keyboard Component photo and LVPB as the photo pack-in). Unfortunately, it seems to be completely dead. I've had many Intellivisions go through my hands over the past couple of years, but I've never found one that does nothing when I flip the power switch. Just static.

I haven't had a chance to open it, and even then I wouldn't know what to do. Is there a likely culprit to check out first? Thanks for any advice.

Hate to ask? Did u try the channel switcher on the bottom and try channels 2,3, and 4 with the switch both directions?

I didn't try the channel switcher on the unit, but I did change the channel on the TV. Usually, you get some kind of change in the static even if the channel is wrong, but I got nothing. I will try the switcher when I get home, however.

This is a good video for showing how to test the voltage on the power supply board inside the unit, its easy to get to, but be extremely careful with the ribbon careful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuitUmqk_TQ

He has other videos on intellivision as well that are helpful.

Edited by ebelhaki
  • Like 2

Out of interest, how low is the serial number?

360350. Nothing super-low, but respectable based on Rev's serial number db.

It would be nice to see a display of console box variants. I have a Sylvania, a Mattel with the KC/LVPB (this one), a Mattel with no KC, a Sears, and a INTV III.

Your super-early Mattel with the Baseball pack-in has to be the original. Was there a Mattel with the KC/NFL Football (with LVPB sticker) like the Sylvania?

Funny you should mention that. :) I'm planning on a thread for exactly that. I believe I have somewhere around 25-30 box variations at this time. Mine is likely the earliest we'll see and was clearly the first batch produced. I still can't believe I found it, plus it came with an original batch of games as well. Still one of my all time favourite auctions. I'll need to check my boxes to answer your question.