IGNORED

Selling some Atari 2600 goodies on Ebay

homerwannabee

Sorry to bust your bubble Homer ,but that Miner is going a bit high because it is sealed. Tigervision games were never sealed. They only gad a piece of scotch tape on tge end flaps. That is shrinkwrap someone put on that box. Who knows if it is even CIB

I got it from someone on AtariAge, and I asked him personally where he got it from. He told me from a store that had used stock. I have seen other sealed Tigervision games on Ebay as well. This was their most popular selling game, and if any game was going to be sealed, it would be this game.

Also there is this Ebay auction that has a sealed Tigervision game, although it's not Atari 2600. eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1609104869991?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=160910486999&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I trust this fellow AtariAger, and so I stand by my auction.

Edit: Also, did a check again, and underneath the seal there is tape keeping the box shut. So even if the store sealed it, it's still sealed because the tape is still sealing the box.

Double Edit: You can see the tape sealing the box in the third picture in the auction.

Not trying to call anyone a liar, but do some searching here on AA. Maybe ask other members. They were not sealed, just because others have fake seals doesn't mean yours is real. If you want to be a reliable, honest seller do a bit of research.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/204926-ntsc-springer-vfmint-400800-wall-ball-cib-2600-gas-hog-cart-only/page__hl__+tigervision%20+not%20+sealed#entry2633114

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/126319-tigervision-games/page__hl__%2Btigervision+%2Bshrinkwrap

Here are a couple threads that say just that. Trust or not, you are incorrect

Not trying to call anyone a liar, but do some searching here on AA. Maybe ask other members. They were not sealed, just because others have fake seals doesn't mean yours is real. If you want to be a reliable, honest seller do a bit of research.

http://atariage.com/...ed#entry2633114

http://atariage.com/...ion +shrinkwrap

Here are a couple threads that say just that. Trust or not, you are incorrect

But, why would the tape still be on the box? Hmm, do you think the person would have had knowledge enough to know that Tigervision put tape as a seal on their boxes? Like I said, even if the store sealed it the tape is on it. The tape on the box still makes it sealed.

Edit: If the person did not have enough knowledge to know that Tigervision did not seal their games, than there would be no way the person who sealed it knew that Tigervision put tape on the box. So based on that, I still believe it is sealed.

Edited by homerwannabee

I would at the very least let the buyer know that the shrink is not factory. That's the reason why you never see them. Unfortunately the tape can be removed and replaced very easily as well. The first Tigervision game I purchased I spent some time removing the tape from the top and bottom thinking that someone pit it there. I had no idea it was the factory seal.

I would at the very least let the buyer know that the shrink is not factory. That's the reason why you never see them. Unfortunately the tape can be removed and replaced very easily as well. The first Tigervision game I purchased I spent some time removing the tape from the top and bottom thinking that someone pit it there. I had no idea it was the factory seal.

Again, though, why would anyone put new tape on the box, and then put shrinkwrap on it. If the person wanted to go with the lie, they simply would not put shrinkwrap on it to begin with, and put the tape on. My guess is it was sealed to begin with, the store got anal retentive back in the day, and sealed it with shrink. Else why would the tape be on it as well as the shrink? I believe he got it from the store, I just think the store put shrink on it. I'll post this.

OK, I edited my auction to explain about how people believe Tigervision did not shrinkwrap their games, but because the tape is still on the box I still believe that it is sealed. I then messaged the top 3 bidders, and made them aware of the situation as well.

I used to manage a computer store, it was policy to shrink wrap all games that came unwrapped to prevent stock damage. I was common practice, and I'd imagine most other stores would do the same.

IMO 50$US is still cheap for Maniac Miner in very good to mint condition even if it doesn't have the factory seals.

OK, now you're just trying to screw over my auction.

What the fuck are you talking about Homer! This guy is talking how he thinks that it's a great deal for "maniac Miner " NOT the title you are selling.

If I was trying to screw you, I would link price guides or completed auctions.

You are selling something and he stated his opinion. I stated mine!

In the words of Mr. Galaxian "this will be my last post in this thread!"

What the fuck are you talking about Homer! This guy is talking how he thinks that it's a great deal for "maniac Miner " NOT the title you are selling.

If I was trying to screw you, I would link price guides or completed auctions.

You are selling something and he stated his opinion. I stated mine!

In the words of Mr. Galaxian "this will be my last post in this thread!"

Well whatever, by the way there is a good Steeplechase as well being auctioned! ;-)