Dan Iacovelli

Round 2 of the 2013 Harmony Games: Juno first

Time to announce the second round of the Harmony games: Juno first

(sugested by Gorfy and craftsmanMIKE on Atariage.com)

Juno First is a 2600 version of the Komoni coin-op game.

you fly your ship through sectors shooting at enemy ships

you can get the final rom for emulator or harmony cart HERE

The rule for this game: you must start the game at wave 1

and play until you die(if you die and want to play again

you have to start back at wave 1(no continues allowed)

this round will end on May 7th

(at the end of the round points will be awarded(10 (for first) to 2(for tenth)

1 for everybody after 10(any scores submitted after this round ends will be given 1 point)

Good Luck!!

*if you have the actual cart please remember not to use the continue feature on it*

As I mentioned since I can't edit this post each time like last year rankings and scores are now posted

HERE and will be updated regulary I will be posting the scores on webpage as well http://avc.atari-use...et/Harmony.html

(you can also post scores on the AVC Forum as well just follow the instructions posted on the harmony games web page)

Well since I voted for it, I'll light this one off. :-D 38700 Will top for sure so no pic, but I have just in case. Just to clarify are we open on controllers, or CX40 type only? FIN LOVE this harmony cart :-o :thumbsup: :-o :thumbsup:, GORFY, save your milk money and get one ASAP, LID was right, HANDS DOWN BEST ATARI ACCESSORY!!! What I spent to try to keep up with HSC season 1 would have bought 4 Harmony carts :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: . I feel like I have every game EVER, and SO easy to use. My PC skills are at an ATARI 2600 level :dunce: ! And this thing is EASY :grin: :grin: for me to move files around on!! EVERYONE GET ONE AND PLAY!!!!!! Sincerely, craftsmanMIKE, The newest HSC addict/ looser.(went down with a good fight though)

• Like 2

One more question, is this homebrew only, or could protos, or others with available ROMS be suggested? Never mind, I see the homebrew heading now.

STAY FROSTY

SWOOPS

Both fun, Good replay value.

homebrews only (either homebrews or hacks can be suguested for next round)

you can use any controller (I'm not picky since I played used a wico joystick)

good score will upadte later tonight.

yeeeeehaw!!

This game is fun!

Starting off with: 153,450 (no continues)

You get a bonus ship at 100k, in case anybody was wondering.

post-27900-0-31159700-1366808820_thumb.jpg

good score gorfy.(thanks for the tip about the extra ship, like most of the games I have on the harmony I don't have the instructions for

it so I have play it couple times and figure it out by trial and error)

the name Harmony Games is what I call this HSC, and it's named after the best flash cart for the 2600 (IMHO) the Harmony Cart.

because when I did the special 3 gmae round last year at VGS it was done on the Harmony cart.

I loved playing the hombrews so much I figured to have a HSC for it and hence the Harmony games was born

Liduario, good score was wondering when you get into this.

(btw:don't forget to use your cafepress e-cert that you won last year, you have until july(I know I said it doesn't expire

but starting this year I'm keep track of them and any that hasn't been used from last year,I'll claim back and I use it for future purchase

of merchandise sales for VGS)also if you do use it you do need to buy at least one item from avc news stand at cafepress(this includes any item

that the pre-order section(if you need a link to the pre-order section pm me(it's not visible on the normal cafepress page)

will add your score later today

Hi Dan,

I shouldn't lose Star Castle round... Problem was it doesn't work in a bad Atari 7800 I have. Bad because it is incompatible with many Atari 2600 games.... And my current pc has an old stella version.

About the certificate, I'm going to check it again. I suppose the link you mentioned is on the certificate.

I didn't pick an item then because I have to import to Brazil... But I'll check it again, thank you for reminding me.

I really like the music!

I do too. Probably my favorite video game music theme of all time! In fact, I mentioned it in the the thread regarding "what's the last song you sang/hummed/whistled?" in general chat :) :music:

• Like 1

I like the music as well on this game

liduaro, if you just want to forfit the e-cert I'm fine with that I can use for purchase for VGS items for the show in july.

great score.

Edit: current scores from this round are now posted on the harmony games webpage on AVC Online

when I get more in I will update regularly (scores are also posted on the Harmony games thread on the AVC Forum)

Edited by Dan Iacovelli
  • Like 1

BTW: What are "Harmony Games?"

It's where a person plays Atari games while a barbershop improv quartet sings along.

This game came loaded on my harmony cart, that version fires in like 3-4 shot volleys. The version listed in the thread fires like "auto fire" when I play on stella. Is it a settings thing, or just different versions? Anyway I'm in at 65500 with the real hardware. GREAT GAME!! The more time I get on it, the better it gets!!post-33986-0-17324600-1367010392_thumb.jpg

if I had the instructions I would have been a bit clearer with rules since I don't much about except that there is setting for continue (if you die in later

levels with setting to continue on, you can only start where you last left off or further if you have the setting off and you die you start off on level one )