IGNORED

Jaguar Not Power ON

enito

enito > there are plenty of things that can cause a red screen. Bad contacts is the main reason (and that can even happend with a brand new console and cartridge, if the cartridge is not plugged just right). It could also be a damaged track you didn't notice.

Basically, the whole cartridge is checked at boot time ; if even a single bit is incorrect, the result is a red screen. So a cut on any address or data line can cause that.

If you're patient enough, I would recommend doing a continuity check with a multimeter on every pin of the cartridge port. But I'm not sure if you should bother ; you got sold a "working" Jaguar that doesn't, I would just get my money back and buy another one if I were you.

Yep that i think the steps for fix, today i try again multimeter test, i have some photos without cart slot, for see the traces and try to correct (btw, any good quality photo of board without cart slot)???

PayPal claim FTW

Yep , i think i take this step, my problem is return console to seller, cause i live far away :(

Did he ship it with the game cartridge inserted into the Jaguar?

Witouth CART , only console, power supply and tv conector.

First time i get this trouble in ebay, everytime i purchase something works, except seller say NO WORK..

Greets!

Here are some pictures of a Jaguar without the cartridge port. Unfortunately, a few tracks were damaged on this one too. I hope they'll be useful anyways.

post-8748-0-08163100-1367097647_thumb.jpg

post-8748-0-04330200-1367097678_thumb.jpg

Hi, again, you have more photos of downside area of this zone? need to check traces of L19, L20, apprently L19 have a missing trace but wanna be sure. I fixed the cart zone and check all 80 points, but still GRrrrrr red one ..need to check other places, im sure more missing trace. Any more good quality photo can help a LOT!!...thx!

Has this motherboard been swimming?

There's a lot of rust in the screwhole of the cartridge-connector :(

yep apprently, lot of corrosion and some traces are lost :/ but , i want win ;) this jaguar doesnt powered, fixed some traces and now power ;) only need to be clear in last point of photo i up, if this trace exist...

Hi, today i re try to fix this jaguar, i rechecked for 3rd time all pins of cart port continuity with multimeter, all fine, include the fixed ones. I cleaned again the cart slot, and inspect cart pins and apprently all is fine (i used iso alcohol and contact cleaner). But the red screen of death continue :(

Hope i can get some more ideas for check...

greets

The problem is that it could be a damaged trace almost anywhere. It may even look fine, but be just corroded enough to cause problems.

Honestly, I'm not sure it's worth spending hours trying to fix this - I would return it to the guy you get it from and try to get your money back.

The problem is that it could be a damaged trace almost anywhere. It may even look fine, but be just corroded enough to cause problems.

Honestly, I'm not sure it's worth spending hours trying to fix this - I would return it to the guy you get it from and try to get your money back.

Yep true need to check traces i check but nothing. Yep return but send back is like expensive than the money back . Seller wants jag for send money back. That is the reason for try to fix. Thx for the tips

Me again, checking with multimeter, i found something, but wanna be sure. PIn 12 of U12 (DTACK) going to U13 Pin 41? because i checked continuity and apprently i dont get. Wanna be sure if this read of manual is correct.

Thx!

Pin 12 of U12 can't be DTACK, since the input of the buffer (pin 8 ) is DTACK too, and that wouldn't make sense. It's hard to read but it looks like it's DTACKL, which is connected to pin 15 of U15 (Jerry).

youre right, i dont see 8 is dtack, and other one is like dtack"." , this . is a L, and i checked is fine..i still checking all the points i can..this stuff cant win me ,)

thx for your time

Apparently , seeing schems U35 Pin 9 (EA3) i get continuity like say to U30 Pin 12 (EA3), but schems say to J2 take pin 16 (EA3) but i dont get continuity. Can be the trouble, but looking phisycally photos of traces i dont see any trace goes to J2 from EA3. Can be the problem?

thx!

Hi, good news, finally this was the trouble!!! the trace to U35 EA3 ...i attach images of the jaguar working and trace made.. Thx to all for the guide , photos, and this can help for another people like me , fight to the end!!! Thx and greets!

post-23250-0-15281500-1368332383_thumb.jpg

post-23250-0-72988200-1368332400_thumb.jpg

post-23250-0-17426200-1368332417_thumb.jpg

Edited by enito
  • Like 7