IGNORED

Questionable Negative Feedback

roadrunner

• 4 weeks later...

I almost never leave sellers feedback anymore.

There's no point.

About the only time I do leave feedback is when I have a bad time, and they message me begging for their neg. Then I help them out with that.

As a result, a very high percentage of the feedback that I do leave is negative.

If I was honest about my ebay experience and left feedback, almost everybody would be getting 2-4 stars, and I'd be dropping about a neg a week. Then these clowns would start conversing with me in an effort to bully their score higher. I can't remember the last time I had an actual '5 star ebay experience' when buying video games, but everybody wants to make sure I say that they provided one.

Edited by Reaperman

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

You need to put negative feedback left into relation to the number of items purchased.

I usually only leave negative feedback but no positive because I don't have the time nor care to leave feedback for 50 items per month. I'm always way behind.

Might be the same with other buyers. I usually leave 3 negatives for every 50 items and that is not that much.

wow, really? it's the exception that i have a negative experience on ebay. really rare. how is this happening with such frequency to everyone else?

I'd say 95% of all purchases are without a problem. The biggest annoyance are poorly packed and damaged games. I could post a ton of pictures where you'd cry. I know from other collectors that they also have to return damaged games frequently.

You need to put negative feedback left into relation to the number of items purchased.

I usually only leave negative feedback but no positive because I don't have the time nor care to leave feedback for 50 items per month. I'm always way behind.

Might be the same with other buyers. I usually leave 3 negatives for every 50 items and that is not that much.

What? You don't have the time to leave positive feedback? What's your ebay name so I can block you.

That's pretty shitty to not leave a positive because you are lazy!

I disagree 3 negs for 50 items is excessive!

• Like 3

Seriously you can leave 50 feedbacks fast just make a generic response "Smooth transaction no problems at all" Copy and paste. Done. You can just keep hitting next and pasting, these days most stars grayed out if you never contacted seller or shipping was free, so you barely have to even click the stars.

Seriously you can leave 50 feedbacks fast just make a generic response "Smooth transaction no problems at all" Copy and paste. Done. You can just keep hitting next and pasting, these days most stars grayed out if you never contacted seller or shipping was free, so you barely have to even click the stars.

I only leave negative or 5 star feedback for those who really deserve it. Some sellers quickly and friendly answer all messages, pack everything well and ship the same or next day. All other sellers that were just "ok" (no answer, slow shipping, poorly packed but not damaged, slightly excessive shipping) can be glad that I don't bother to leave feedback, but they also don't get a positive feedback for an average job.

I'm rather surprised about the inflationary positive feedback and detailed rating most sellers have. I don't see how a seller who ships for free the same day has 5 stars and a seller that charges $9.97 per game and take several days to ship has 4.8 or 4.9.

I only leave negative or 5 star feedback for those who really deserve it. Some sellers quickly and friendly answer all messages, pack everything well and ship the same or next day. All other sellers that were just "ok" (no answer, slow shipping, poorly packed but not damaged, slightly excessive shipping) can be glad that I don't bother to leave feedback, but they also don't get a positive feedback for an average job.

I'm rather surprised about the inflationary positive feedback and detailed rating most sellers have. I don't see how a seller who ships for free the same day has 5 stars and a seller that charges $9.97 per game and take several days to ship has 4.8 or 4.9.

I disagree, that is where stars come in. If a non 5 star positive is warranted then a non 5 star positive should be given. If a seller is worth 5 stars they should get a positive 5 stars, if a seller is worth 1 star they should get a positive 1 star.

If a seller does a bin for $50 and free 2 day shipping that would be no different than a Bin $35 $10 standard shipping!

Stars should be given on what you pay for. If you make a purchase on standard shipping then stars should be given on standard shipping. These days with fees on shipping as well what sellers charges, shipping shouldn't be as much of a concern. Overall price should be what matters.

Some sellers are just ignorant and don't know that priority shipping is usually cheaper than parcel post on small items.

However on the examples given I would not knock stars off the standard shipping if that was the service offered, I however would knock off on shipping charges if it clearly only cost $3.

Just got another two games crushed in an envelope, even though I asked both sellers to ship in a box. One was a $60 game. So unfortunately they only learn it the hard way. Negative feedback and money back from PayPal.

• Like 1

It seems like a lot of people don't understand how feedback works. Ebay rates people based on feedback, not transactions. Buyers who don't leave positive feedback are almost as bad as those who leave a lot of unwarranted negs and should also be blocked.

Also, ebay sends automatic emails asking for feedback so many times the seller isn't even aware they are sent. I think can sellers can block their items from showing up on them, but I'm not sure.

I personally wouldn't negative someone because the USPS crushed them. Games cartridges should be fine in a padded envelope and it's not their fault the item was crushed. If you get your money back you really have no need to neg. Beyond that, did you offer to pay extra for the box and postage? When you agreed to the auction terms you agreed to a set shipping method as well. Changing the terms should change the price as well.

What? You don't have the time to leave positive feedback? What's your ebay name so I can block you.

That's pretty shitty to not leave a positive because you are lazy!

Agreed. I'd block Andre as well.

• Like 1

I always leave feedback to sellers on ebay. It is a way of communicating to let them know that you are happy or upset with the purchase, provided great or not so great service to you, communication which is key, and packaged well. I have never had a bad experience with a seller and buying on there. And it's a way that convinces other buyers in there that they are very reputable.

• Like 2

I always leave positive feedback for items I've bought from eBay and also helpful comment if possible.

Fortunately I never had to leave negative feedback. Except once but I couldn't give it, I'll explain why: One big mistake is to give positive feedback once sold and shipped.

In one case the mail was slow and buyer complained, I reimbursed the money as a good will gesture and sent a message explaining that buyer could pay when received. The guy received the item but never paid back and eBay doesn't allow to change feedback.

Lesson learnt: never reimburse money if item still not delivered, doesn't matter if mail is slow because isn't in your hands.

• Like 1