IGNORED

The 5 " black and white tv test...

I know games like duck hunt don't work on hdtv. But with a strobe light as mentioned here before it can kinda. Well I tried that and it wasn't the best. I could do hogans alley but no duck hunt. Well now thanks tot this little 5" black and white tv I got at goodwill for 2 bucks I can. Its not the same as the old days but I am registering hits so its better than nothing.

The video still says processing so check agian in 30 minutes and see if its done.

Hmmm something wrong with this the gun shouldn't be able to see a target unless it can see the white square the your tv flashes when the trigger is pulled. I don't quite get this I think it should only register misses? I am curious to see more responses to this. I thought I understood how light guns work? At any rate maybe buy the $5 goodwill TV. I got a color 26" just to play duck hunt on.

Edited by Dripfree

I think it restaure the contrast and flash rhythm needed for the gun to work. When used, it expect to see a pitch black screen flashing at 60 htz with a white bright square.

On a LCD, it get a non flashing screen with a grey background with a lighter grey square over it.

it's likly that LED screens might make lightgun useable again, and most plasma TV allow the use of a light gun because of the better contrast.

The NES knows when it started drawing the screen. Starts from the top, drawing lines down and to the right, until bottom. When you pull the trigger on the light gun, whether or not the beam is drawing the screen where the gun is focused on can be compared against this timing which gives a screen coordinate.

LCD displays are always on so this does not work.

The NES knows when it started drawing the screen. Starts from the top, drawing lines down and to the right, until bottom. When you pull the trigger on the light gun, whether or not the beam is drawing the screen where the gun is focused on can be compared against this timing which gives a screen coordinate.

LCD displays are always on so this does not work.

I think the Sega Light Phaser works like that, but it was my understanding that the NES Zapper only knows what it hits because the targets flash white in sequence on the screen.

Light guns have been made to detect easy tricks such as shooting on a lightbulb, and detecting which target, when there is more than one on the screen, has been shot. But detecting if you are shooting on an empty TV screen but with the game running... I don't think so.

I may be totally wrong, but.. I think that's what happen.

• Like 1

It's just the gun detecting the timing from the TV, which is the same kind of timing signal it's looking for. That TV will be somewhat out of sync, since it's not connected and free running. Try aiming somewhere consistent and trigger the gun repeatedly. I'll bet the shot drifts.

It's just the gun detecting the timing from the TV, which is the same kind of timing signal it's looking for. That TV will be somewhat out of sync, since it's not connected and free running. Try aiming somewhere consistent and trigger the gun repeatedly. I'll bet the shot drifts.

I tried a light bulb in the sealing and it didn't work.

The light bulb isn't a scanning display like the TV is. The NES will see the kind of signal it needs to trigger off that old TV, but it won't see it at the right time. The light bulb, for all practical purposes is always on, or flashing in a way that the TV does not, that's the difference.

But you are set now. Cool. I like that stupid game a lot. Have fun!

The light bulb isn't a scanning display like the TV is. The NES will see the kind of signal it needs to trigger off that old TV, but it won't see it at the right time. The light bulb, for all practical purposes is always on, or flashing in a way that the TV does not, that's the difference.

But you are set now. Cool. I like that stupid game a lot. Have fun!

The timing is fine now thanks to radioshack. I just have to be 2 inches away. But it works. It aims where I aim. Timing is fine.

Now if I can just figure out how to quiet rob and the gun I'm set.

Edited by 0078265317

Screw the black and white I got this today at goodwill 13" I think symphonic tv vcr combo. VCR Part is no good. But av jacks in front are good. Picture is awesome and is full color. Audio is mono but no big deal. At least it plays duckhunt. But the robot is still not working. R.O.B. lights up when I say test in gyromite the light on his head.. But in the direct mode nothing happens. No close or open or up or down. The arms do nothing. Is the light supposed to stay oon during direct mode. Or is rob dead.

942504_648772518471231_266701951_n.jpg

Edited by 0078265317