IGNORED

MATCH 5 Limited Demo Version

catsfolly

Here is MATCH 5, the LIMITED DEMO VERSION!

m5demo.rom

What's limited about it, you ask?

Well…

1. When your score exceeds 1000 points, the game ends.

2. We took out the "SPEED" mode, where you race against a timer.

3. You don't get more bombs as you play (like you do in the real game).

4. We took out the High Score table.

Other than that, it plays like the real game.

We tried to make it self documenting. Press Enter to get into the game.

Get 5 in a row!

Have fun,

Catsfolly

• Like 5

Gave it a twirl. It's a nice game.

I have one observation on the title screen. The music seems to go up and down in volume in a weird way, that is some notes play much softer or much higher than adjacent notes, and the range of change is rather large and unusual. At least in emulation.

It pretty much sounds similar in cart......just a quirky tune for a quirky game :-) Maybe try singing the Match 5 song with the tune? :-)

No, the song is quirky and cool, indeed. I'm talking about one or two notes that all of a sudden spike up very loud, by themselves. They sound a bit out of place, not so much as accents.

That's just my opinion, you may want to normalize the volume a bit.

However, if that is truly how it was intended... well, OK.

-dZ.

P.S. (You are right about the lyrics, they stick to your brain.) :)

Gave it a twirl. It's a nice game.

I have one observation on the title screen. The music seems to go up and down in volume in a weird way, that is some notes play much softer or much higher than adjacent notes, and the range of change is rather large and unusual. At least in emulation.

Yeah, this was my first time to use the tracker software so maybe I didn't understand all the "rules" of how to use it.

I see a mistake now where I made the third 5 (of "1 2 3 4 5") too loud.

But besides that, the volume seems to rise and fall in waves, inconsistently, in other parts of the song, for reasons I don't understand... .

It's just the background music for the title screen. Sorry it isn't better!

Catsfolly

Yeah, this was my first time to use the tracker software so maybe I didn't understand all the "rules" of how to use it.

I see a mistake now where I made the third 5 (of "1 2 3 4 5") too loud.

But besides that, the volume seems to rise and fall in waves, inconsistently, in other parts of the song, for reasons I don't understand... .

It's just the background music for the title screen. Sorry it isn't better!

Catsfolly

No worries, it's cool. I had a similar problem on my first try of the Christmas Carol Theme. If you check out the old demo I released back in January 2011, you'll notice that the beat is inconsistent, with some notes slightly shorter than they should, and others at varying volume.

I just thought to point it out in case you guys have some time before going manufacture, but if it's already started, then it's not a big deal.

Arnauld's tracker is very good and useful, but being based on the FastTracker Module format, it's geared more towards mechanical generation. I believe Arnauld has tools that convert MIDI or MOD files into Inty DECLE data precisely for this.

-dZ.

I guess I will have to wait to play the final version.

:-(

Oh, don't you start! Just take up one of our offers to help you set up an emulator--and stick to the instructions. It really is not a big deal.

-dZ.

P.S. That post was supposed to be friendlier than it sounded. I'm willing to help you. :)

Edited by DZ-Jay

Damnit! Stop mocking Rev and I and the fact that we're both idiots who can't get our CC3's to work! :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue:

I believe William posted an animated GIF (or is it gifeo now? Kids and their slang!) with a fair amount of game play in it.

Great! Thanks for checking it out!

my high score is 791. guess i need to remember i have bombs. loving it.

edit: just got 1040 with no bombs used. too bad the score doesnt last long enough to take a good pic. came out a blurry mess and i prepared for it.

Edited by pimpmaul69