IGNORED

My 7800 Craigslist find...what exactly do I have? (odd shipping carton)

marillion

Got this 7800/2600 find off of Craigslist today. The 7800 system box is beat up (includes all the interior styrofoam/cardboard inserts, plastic wrap & no manual), but the system is in fantastic shape (including the silver bezel on top). All the games are shrinkwrapped except for Robotron, though it's still sealed. The odd thing is that all the games were in a cardboard box. I didn't think too much of it until I got the box home and saw the stickers on either side that said "Atari Video Kit - Contains 40 Assorted Games."

What's the deal with this? Has anyone ever seen one? Here are some pictures of everything...

7800find1_zps13c7808e.jpg

7800find2_zpsbae8add2.jpg

7800find3_zps46aca389.jpg

7800find4_zps07f81766.jpg

7800find5_zps7eb2d65b.jpg

7800find6_zpsa3579eff.jpg

7800find7_zpsaaec3661.jpg

7800find8_zpsb148cc7e.jpg

7800find9_zps164243a6.jpg

Peace,

Chip

• Like 1

I'd guess that the 7800 was one of the ones liquidated through Famous Brand Electronics, a group of outlet mall stores that Tandy (parent of Radio Shack) was running in the mid-90s. I got a 2600 Jr and games through one of those in late 1995 at the FBE in San Marcos, TX, but the 7800 packs had sold out there before I knew about it. See http://atariage.com/forums/topic/164557-atari-video-kit-from-famous-brand-electronics/ for another thread on them.

Why would they include the 2600 version of Ms. Pac- Man instead of the 7800 one :?

I was thinking the same about Dig Dug...Very odd...Both Ms. Pac-Man and Dig Dug were/are available in abundance for the 7800.

Perhaps whoever put together the package had even more of an abundance of 2600 Ms. Pac-Man and Dig Dug.

• 2 weeks later...