IGNORED

60 fps video using SIDE 2

phaeron

You'd be better off downloading the source a couple of pages back and simply changing one equate and then recompiling. You may have replaced all instances of the data register, but there are a further seven IDE registers at consecutive locations.

Edited by flashjazzcat

The Ultimate map is described here:

http://spiflash.org/block/20.html

SIDE is here:

http://spiflash.org/block/17.html

Note self-explanatory URLs [irony]. :) Both Ultimate and Incognito use the same SDX build, so there should be enough information there.

Edited by flashjazzcat

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My god, I just discovered this thread and I absolutely LOVE it!

I'm actually going to get me an SIDE cartridge now just to be able to play those videos!

As far as I've seen the mode for playback is a static APAC. I would really love to see a video in a line-interlaced APAC mode, like I did in my clash of lightsabers demo.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/231575-clash-of-the-lightsabers-a-little-apac-animation/

Phaeron already commented about using that mode, said it was impossible because there are not enough cycles left in hblank.

But I don't understand, why would you need extra cycles in hblank for swapping frame A/B kernels? That would be done in Vblank.

Frame A with luma on even and chroma on odd lines is one kernel routine on its own, Frame B with chroma on even lines and luma on odd lines would be another.

Of course I have no clue how the video data is arranged - is it a char mode Display List or Gr.15 lines? But I'd like to see it pulled off!

The line flicker is not everyone's taste but it kinda doubles the vertical resolution which in my opinion really boosts the look and I like it better than the horizontal pinstripes.

P.S. Huge thanks Phaeron, for giving us Altirra!

• Like 1

I think there's been a misunderstanding. Swapping the polarity of the lines each frame is possible, and actually it only requires switching two register values with the same kernel. The reason I didn't do it is that when I tried, my TV wigged out -- the dynamic picture enhancement chip really didn't like it.

• 3 weeks later...

How hard would it be for someone to cobble together a program to select the address configs from a menu, just choose the device and it changes the code in the player so on can simply select it and go?

Edited by _The Doctor__

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I still can't get this to work on my Incognito. I have used a sector editor and set the IDE registers correctly (I think). Has anyone made a version of the player specifically for Incognito? Hopefully the player doesn't use illegals because I have an 816.

I really want to see this work. :)