IGNORED

Atari Falcon wanted

Wife is going to hang me from a flag pole when she sees the bank statement. Ronald and myself will both be flying pretty high i'd imagine after he picked up the FireBee :)

Er, <cough>, that subject hasn't come up in conversation (yet)... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, other stuff. Things I'm considering letting go;

Wizztronics Falcon Rack with AT keyboard adapter (DEKKA like), cart port extender, midi and game port extenders, 1/4'' plug patch kit, hd bracket, floppy bracket. Less power supply. Check out old Wizztronics fliers at Best Electronics catalogue for pricing, my asking price will be very close to those.

Milan 040 motherboard, bootable hard disk, workiing FX PCI card, other PCI and ISA cards supported by MiNT.

Should be able to set it out on a table, make connections, and fire it up. Only runs at 33 MHz. Has latest patches installed. Manual and incluided set up DVD in German.

MSTE motherboard/FPU GAL and 882 & AJAX included TOS 2.05-720k floppy

(keeping the case).

Have two or three Falcon OEM cases and internal mounting brackets, an ST case too airc.

Other items I'll list at the same time just to make more space. Some spares, some new old stock, some IC's.

If there is interest in the above items, I wil list them with price in the for sale section.

Need to down size and help dad out, every little bit helps.

• 5 weeks later...

Wow! I'm amazed to find out the asking price of the Falcon. Mine has been sitting in storage for years until the day comes where I can set it up. I guess the good news is if I decide to sell it that there are people willing to give it a good home.

• 3 weeks later...

i have a superb almost MINT looking original USA model Falcon with USA grey keys keyboard and 110/117V power supply all original

will post a picture when i get the chance

am looking for a good price though (£600 which is about $900) plus shipping

it has 14mb memory, a 4GB internal CF card, co processor and a new NVRAM battery fitted

I haven't seen any good Falcon's on eBay for a while now. But about five years ago, or so, I picked up four US Falcon 030's, one C-Lab MK-II Falcon (from Europe?), and one Milan 040 machine. I also snagged a couple of CPU Accelerators, a CT-60 and a CT-63.

I would be interested in that Wizztronics Rack case that Rustynutt was talking about because even with a Pico PSU, trying to cleanly install a CT board inside the machine requires some modification of the case.

Sold the Falcon Rack (talked you about that). Brother hooked me up with a friend that has a CNC mill. Can program those, may be able to have some rear panels cut for the Falcon, then a standard 19" rack would work. On the back burner.

There is a fellow in Germany posted photos of his Falcon mounted in an Mega STE case, want to try that to make up for the "loss" of the Rack.

Retired Jan this year, one of the resolutions made was to spend the next two or three years clearing out the shop. Will never get around to restoring half the motorcycles in there, other half will take at least two years. Wife (and I ) will try a bathroom and kitchen remodel. Have lived in the desert for 30 years, time to move on, would really like the North West area, down size with a computer work area inside as opposed to a garage.

Have a Milan boxed from another deal that didn't go through due to logistics, it's worth more to trade to me than to sell outright. Don't know what it is yet.

That's about the only big ticket item. Picked up a good deal on a TT, needs a few things, ST Ram (have a GESoft fast ram card), think a power supply. Haven't had time to look inside.

Prolly trade the Milan for a fancy smacy VME video card, seen some of 16 color lately, want at least 16bit ( know, it's hell to want) :).

Have a 5.25 IB drive for someone that can use it. May or may not work, powers on. Very dusty.

Have two Mega STE's, one recent pickup, once it's tested will offer the main board. Will edit this post after frames and wheels are moved so there is access to the "Atari bench".

Wish I was as disciplined as Jens, storing one project before beginning on another :)

Edited by rustynutt

The Falcon is an incredibly cool machine from a technical point of view, the potential for coding right to the metal extracting the full 100% of the chipset was massive. I think dropping the Jaguar and keeping the computer side (Falcon and beyond) going would have been more successful in the EU side. Even Commodore's EU operations were VERY profitable in 1994 when the banks/creditors called in their markers. I did want one (and an Acorn A3010 and an A1200 with 32bit CPU RAM and a 28mhz 020 so anything but Mac pre OSX and Win 3.1/95 lol).

Trouble is I know I wouldn't do much with it because the Falcon equivalent of the Amiga 500/1000s Shadow of the Beast 1 never materialized and the entertainment software was generally as poor as using the potential of the machine as Acorn Archimedes users had to suffer whilst Amiga 1200s got some pretty cool games. So it would be the last machine I got for my collection really and I'm only missing 2 other machines as well (TT and MSTE). Priority dictates I must get a 16mhz MSTE next....because then I could not only play STE games faster but I could also do some neet coding in STOS enhancements etc :)