IGNORED

Atari 800 The Detective by Infocom

Just found a complete example of "The Detective" by Infocom any ideas of how hard to come by this is?

comes with tons of paperwork, matches, clues, magazine, case file etc..

I would consider a trade for rare Atari 2600 games and perhaps a few nice Atari 800 disks "Dropzone" is one i'm after but i'd need a few games for this 2-3 as I think this has to be less common than games like Dropzone and it looks rather special with all the extras you get with it.

I'm in the U.K but NTSC games should be o.k. I would perhaps sell it so offers can be sent on here or direct to atariattic@hotmail.co.uk

One thing to note is that its probably PAL or works on a PAL Atari so please bear this in mind.

Thanks Antony

post-29974-0-46960300-1367255977_thumb.jpg

This game is called Witness and the magazine that is with it is called Detective,(a plot device dubbed a 'feelie' by infocom to provide both fun and a way of saving on memory!

It not uncommon to see this on Ebay from time to time and prices vary depending on condition and also on whos keeping watch, this wallet version is no exception.

Deadline is another one from that period which is similar in theme, collect-ability and price,

Edited by Magic Knight

• 2 weeks later...

Complete Infocom packages usually go for a bundle because the feelies were integral to the games and they are somewhat rare. Often the feelies were used for copy protection (e.g."What is the third word on page 4 of the manual?").

Infocom games were my favorites for the Atari 8-bit. I remember buying Deadline new for around $50 -- a fortune for a pre-teen back then!