IGNORED

HSC10 round 7: Bruce Lee

Hiiiiyaaah! Bruce Lee finally makes his HSC debut!

bruce_lee.png

I think the scoring might not reflect progress so please keep some sort of track of how many of the 20 screens you have visited - I will probably set some targets such as getting underground for 2pts etc (if anyone knows the game well or has any suggestions please do).

If you have two sticks then someone else can control the Green Yamo and you can have some ninja bashing fun! The game is mainly a platformer though. There are a couple of bugs where you can get stuck falling onto the baddie to loop the scoreboard and I think you can get more extra men than you should somewhere but just play to complete the game.

Only collect 1 extra life (On the first round of screens only: if you have less than three you can collect more so you have three lives in total)

Scoring based on progress [checkout the maps on posts 11 and 13 thanks folks :thumbsup: ]

2pts for getting underground

3pts for reaching the red screens

4pts for getting back out (moaning beastie)

5pts for getting to the screen with the three pods

6pts for completing all three pods on the purple screen and getting to the light blue screen

+3pts bonus for anyone completing the game

+3pts bonus for anyone completing the game twice

+?pts we'll see what happens next!

Tempting as it is to add Zorro as a bonus game, we will save this for a future round and just have one game this time. The round will close a week on Sunday 10am UK time.

Downloads:

Fandal XEX

atarionline.pl XEX/ATRs

atarimania various versions & instructions

Completed the first run and made it to the second screen on the second. The second is much more difficult as Yamo and Ninja man appear very quickly as you enter a new screen and reappear more quickly after you've killed them. If you get any where near Yamo without landing the first blow he hands you your ass before you get chance to retaliate

As an aside, my middle school friends and I always referred to it as "The Burping Bull."

Welcome stranger :thumbsup: grab a stick and have a go :)

Is that this Sunday, TRBB? Will this be a special one-week round, then?

Sorry that must be an old english phrase; it's the week after, so we have a 13 day round - I was in a rush ;)

Completed the first run and made it to the second screen on the second. The second is much more difficult as Yamo and Ninja man appear very quickly as you enter a new screen and reappear more quickly after you've killed them. If you get any where near Yamo without landing the first blow he hands you your ass before you get chance to retaliate

Ok McKong you're setting the breakpoints for this one - 1pt for playing - if you'd like to come up with something and post it that's :cool:

post-19239-0-64810800-1367374608_thumb.jpg

Higher score, but I didn't make it as far. I lost it on the same screen Deteacher describes:

I made it to the board with all the platforms with the little dots zipping across in different directions.

It's the 16th of 19 screens shown here:

post-19239-0-27765900-1367374790_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

29,925 65,675

nice game, long time no play! I got past the three pods screen to the light blue dotty screen of death. think have lost phone with evidence so you'll have to trust me hehe :D

ok we have an issue with unlimited extra men - so players are only allowed to collect one extra life (unless you have less than three, then you can collect additional lives to make three in total!)

I've added some break points for scoring to the first post. If you've already played and bagged loads of extra men then please replay ;)

Didnt know you could collect extra lives, I thought they were just given at certain scores!! What is it that you pick up for the extra lives then?

29,925 65,675

nice game, long time no play! I got past the three pods screen to the light blue dotty screen of death. think have lost phone with evidence so you'll have to trust me hehe :D

ok we have an issue with unlimited extra men - so players are only allowed to collect one extra life (unless you have less than three, then you can collect additional lives to make three in total!)

I've added some break points for scoring to the first post. If you've already played and bagged loads of extra men then please replay ;)

Didnt know you could collect extra lives, I thought they were just given at certain scores!! What is it that you pick up for the extra lives then?

It's that coloured double ying/yang thingy on the end of the 3rd grey screen (but it re-appears everytime you enter the screen!!)

Ok if you're insiting have a bash at Zorro too (Fandal disk version) ;)

Another game which brings back all my good memories :)

I finished the game once and ended in second round, in the room with 4 platforms...these seem to be a lot trickier in second round.

post-34165-0-36090100-1367430181_thumb.jpg

It's that coloured double ying/yang thingy on the end of the 3rd grey screen (but it re-appears everytime you enter the screen!!)

Good to know that, this secret was kept away from me for over a quarter of century! :-o

Edited by jk40001

Good to know that, this secret was kept away from me for over a quarter of century! :-o

Ah ok didnt realise that you got an extra life for collecting that

think the falling off score loop trick is on the first few screens where you get the guys under the central climbing bit and try and fall onto them from near the bottom ;)

I'm not sure what it says about you that you know where all the cheats are in these games! :-D

think the falling off score loop trick is on the first few screens where you get the guys under the central climbing bit and try and fall onto them from near the bottom ;)

I played through 4 times and retired, think I'm done with Bruce Lee now as it doesn't get any more difficult after the 2nd run through and there are enough bonus lifes to cover the odd mistake. Still one of the best games made for the A8 IMO anyway

post-29593-0-72671500-1367444910_thumb.jpg

I played through 4 times and retired, think I'm done with Bruce Lee now as it doesn't get any more difficult after the 2nd run through and there are enough bonus lifes to cover the odd mistake. Still one of the best games made for the A8 IMO anyway

:thumbsup:

ok # of times completed will decide the winner of the round. If anyone wants some extra gaming action take a look at Zorro (disk version) link few posts back - otherwise have some time off and research some other games for the playlist ;)