IGNORED

Foolish People Who Don't Do Their Research

Listen to how much he says he paid for this lot of games. I was about to leave a comment on his video to tell him he got a great haul of games, but that was until he said what he paid. i'm dumbfounded.

He mentions the price at about 5:35 in. I'm not gonna spoil it just yet. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d-2XMPXFJ8

Is it that expensive? I thought he may paid 500 or 1.000 Dollars, but it seems not that much overpriced. I wont spoil the price, because you didnt, but just calculate what he had paid per game and remind the value of a boxed master component. Its no bargain, but its not even close to be folish, stupid or something else. Maybe I dont get the joke :?

Edited by Ignorama
  • Like 1

As long as he is happy nothing wrong with the price. If you can afford it then as they say it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay. It has a LOT to do with these items being accessible/obtainable relative to where you live. Dumbfounded, I don't see why, not everyone has connections to the Intellivision collecting community or can find good deals.

Pity the person who wants such things but cannot afford them at any price, someone like this clearly has the money and is happy to pay it.

Master Component boxed: 40 - 50$

Math Fun: 8$ (sometimes cheaper, sometimes more expensive)

Word Fun: 8$ (same as Math Fun)

Microsurgeon: 8$

Dustcover (like it or not): 12$

Makes around 80$

There are 32 more CiB games and 11 cartridges. The condition of the boxes looks okay, so I really cant see why its a bad price, you also have to keep in mind the shipping costs for every game if he buys it in a single game auction. To tell the truth, I am a bit dumbfounded about the headline of this thread.

Edit: I wrote already when you posted again ;)

Edited by Ignorama

60-80$ for a 45 games + console lot? Really? To tell the truth, I am very happy the times have changed since that, because it hurts me to see that the worth of the Intellivision is close to zero ^^ I also hate the price increase for games like Congo Bongo, because its starting to be sick, but its also a shame if good shaped games from the 80s are worthless.

Dude, prepare for your lashings ;-) It's overpriced for pros like us, but not bad considering what people pay for say an Xbox 360 and say 10 games at $50 each. Depending on how much value you attribute to the vintage aspect of it, it's not a bad price st all. Like William mentioned, try finding one of these locally. In St. Louis, I have seen zero consoles at garage sales and flea markets. Gamewise, I've seen a single pitfall CIB. Trade N Games never has consoles, but carries games. I found another game store selling a loose console, but wanted $80 (no games included).

The dust cover would sell on eBay for $20 BIN. The boxed console would eventually sell for $80 BIN. 35ish boxed games at $2-3 each isn't terrible. I was thinking that if he said anything over $200, it would be high, but it was still close. Put another way, I bet I could get $150-200 for that lot parted out properly.

I like the way of thinking of this collector. If I see a box which has a name on its cover I just think "damn, that sucks", but his first reaction was "may the developer?" :lol:

There are some funny things in this video, so I never heard of the Intellivision game Space Attack (I wonder if he ever will find the right console for this game)

Please, for the love of all that is holy, someone convince one of our resident game developers to make Las Vegas Russian Roulette! LO-f#cking-L! :-)

wouldnt it just be russian roulette? gotta have it show the one bullet in the cylinder then you have to take turns rolling the dice and whatever number you get is how many rotations of the cylinder you get before you fire it Edited by pimpmaul69

TBy the way, our very own Catsfolly is the author of Star Strike for the Atari M-Network.

please do indulge me with further on this...

edit: intellivision lives site appears to confirm this.. would still love more info

Edited by pimpmaul69

WAIT, what now? Go on.... :ponder:

catsfolly's initials are d.s.a. david akers is the programmer for m-network star strike. it appears he is a blue sky ranger.

http://www.intellivi...ies/cge01.shtml

http://intellivisionlives.com/bluesky/games/credits/atari2.shtml#strike

im not worthy! im not worthy!

Edited by pimpmaul69
  • Like 1