IGNORED

HARDEST & EASIEST GAMES

Clay

Hardest game for me is Zero 5. Definitely not enough lives to get very far. I think it's level 3 when you have to avoid the moving walls and it's just nuts. 

Second hardest would be Bubsy. I'm terrible at 1-hit death games and this one is just tough. Would love this one to have a few more hits allowed with hearts on top that go down for each hit. 

• Like 1

On 4 de mayo de 2013 at 12:22 AM, jeremiahjt said:

Easy-Baldies (except for level79), Rayman, Bubsy (except for the lobster boss), Evolution: Dino Dudes.

Hard-Hover Strike, level 79 on Baldies, Checkered Flag (controls), Protector, lobster boss on Bubsy.

Oh f*** that lobster boss! That piece of $#!% always annihilates my run in Fractured Furry Tales

On 7 de junio de 2021 at 11:17 PM, Major Havoc 2049 said:

Highlander is very beatable.  Some of the puzzles are a little challenging.  Most of the idiots on YouTube don't even bother reading the instructions and figuring out the combat and get owned in the first village and blame the game for their lack of basic knowledge and a little skill. 

I'm with the Cannon Fodder crew.  That game is frikin' hard in the latter levels.  Has anyone ever beaten Cannon Fodder on the Jag? 

I've finished Cannon Fodder on emulation with saves states and let me tell you that the final missions are pure war horror.

On 2 de mayo de 2013 at 10:17 PM, Clay said:

What is everyone's hardest and easiest Jaguar games?

For me:

Hardest: Madbodies - Starts out hard and quickly becomes almost impossible

Easiest: Frog Feast - Single player mode is just boring. Multi player can be enjoyable for a few rounds.

Mad Bodies' second boss can go to die in hell. That second phase of the second boss is nearly impossible. I say that 'cause it's possible to defeat it if luck smiles upon you...

Edited by KidGameR186496

Zero 5, even on its easiest setting, gets vicious on later levels (particularly the Arachnid one). I've dominated Rayman on Jaguar and PlayStation without the use of cheat codes. A full playthrough of Cybermorph, which I haven't done to this day, is extremely grueling without using the cheat code for the planets where they give you items and password.

Breakout 2000 requires perfect play across every stage without losing a live. I still need to do a full playthrough of Tempest 2000 without using the level keys. I have finished Val'd Isere's main mode using the snowboarder and let me tell you that you'll pull your hair out in the last courses, as the obstacles will make your life a living nightmare with the insane level of execution they require to pull off.

Those are some of the experiences I had with certain games on the Jaguar when it comes to difficult sections...

6 hours ago, KidGameR186496 said:

A full playthrough of Cybermorph, which I haven't done to this day, is extremely grueling without using the cheat code for the planets where they give you items and password.

Sorry for nitpicking, but I don't consider it cheating to use that code in Cybermorph. It's written on the ground in one of the early levels, so you can easily find it in a playthrough without outside references.  As you play through each galaxy (or whatever the planet groups are called), you get codes to move on to additional galaxies.  This is just another code that the game gives you.

It's not like in Doom, where you can activate god mode and full weapons/ammo/keys when you look up hints at gamefaqs.  Those cheats are never provided in-game, and you activate them in a way that is totally dissimilar from anything you do in a regular playthrough.  

Just my thoughts though.  I don't think anybody needs to feel that gamer guilt for using the bonus galaxy in Cybermorph.  ?

35 minutes ago, PFG 9000 said:

Sorry for nitpicking, but I don't consider it cheating to use that code in Cybermorph. It's written on the ground in one of the early levels, so you can easily find it in a playthrough without outside references.  As you play through each galaxy (or whatever the planet groups are called), you get codes to move on to additional galaxies.  This is just another code that the game gives you.

It's not like in Doom, where you can activate god mode and full weapons/ammo/keys when you look up hints at gamefaqs.  Those cheats are never provided in-game, and you activate them in a way that is totally dissimilar from anything you do in a regular playthrough.  

Just my thoughts though.  I don't think anybody needs to feel that gamer guilt for using the bonus galaxy in Cybermorph.  ?

I played through it without using that code, so I consider it cheating! ;-D

BTW CM has a 4 digit password system for every system/world.

Edited by agradeneu

Cybermorph played through over the span of several days (leaving the Jag on) that first time.   These days I activate the all weapons code (but can still be very much killed).   I can race through that in a little under three hours.

Bubsy I can run through in a little over 34 minutes.

My point, there are no hard games, just games you have not poured time into to perfect.

Finally finished Trevor McFur. The classic combo of difficulty and joylessness. I kinda cheated by using a Japanese style arcade stick that wouldnt be available back in the day, but the game plays dirty so I play dirty haha. And yeah this one is bad. Less polish than a flash game from Newgrounds in the early 00s lol Though tbh a part of me wants to see some kind of enhanced and cleaned up Crescent Galaxy 2.

• Like 1